Talk

Advanced search

Is there a website that tells you how wide car seats are? In actual measurements?

(5 Posts)
imnot27 Mon 02-Jul-07 21:58:00

Following on from 3 in the back thread, reminded me that I'm looking for narrow car seat for ds2, who is 3 and 3 months but 15kg! Can anyone recommend a narrow seat for this age group, not a 9 month to 4 year one, he is too big! Thanks!

SenoraPostrophe Mon 02-Jul-07 21:59:34

why don't you just go for a group 2 one (you know, a booster with a back)?

good idea about a website though. don't think there is one but someone should make one.

imnot27 Mon 02-Jul-07 22:01:20

I do sometimes put him in one of those, but he does climb out, wind the window down and through batman figures out of the window! Doesn't make for the most relaxing drive. Shall we all measure our car seats and post it on here, or is that a bit sad......?

imnot27 Mon 02-Jul-07 22:04:49

Have actually just answered my own question and found such a website, carseatdata.org has width measurements!

ManxMum Mon 02-Jul-07 22:22:01

Have you tried Britax?

They have been very helpful on seat advice, when I worked for Mothercare and of course mothercare themselves will let you try them out

I have the Britax one with the side supports for the head and its base it quite compact and my large 7 yo still uses it and he is BIG!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now