Talk

Advanced search

Ryanair one way --> return

(18 Posts)
IamAporcupine Mon 14-Jan-19 23:27:30

Does anyone if once you buy a one-way ticket with Ryanair, you can add the other leg at no extra charge? (apart from the cost of the ticket of course)

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
chatwoo Tue 15-Jan-19 04:58:48

Yes, it would be two single tickets (if that's what you mean?)

BarbaraofSevillle Tue 15-Jan-19 09:44:06

All Ryanair tickets are single one way tickets. You can buy any ticket you choose, but yes, if you have already bought a (for example) Liverpool to Dublin ticket, you can buy a Dublin to Liverpool ticket just by going on the website.

IamAporcupine Tue 15-Jan-19 09:55:20

Thanks chatwoo and BarbaraofSevillle

Sorry I was not clear - I know I can buy the other single ticket separately, but as Rynair also charges per transaction I thought I could somehow add it to the same transaction, if that makes any sense?!?

BarbaraofSevillle Tue 15-Jan-19 09:59:32

Charges per transaction? I don't understand. What 'transaction' charges are there - I've never noticed any, but if there are, I doubt that you'l be able to add a second ticket to an already completed transaction to avoid them.

potatoscone Tue 15-Jan-19 10:03:35

I have no idea what you mean. If you want a return you buy a return. If you want 2 singles you buy 2 singles. If you want to buy the outbound separately from the inbound you need to buy singles. What's the charge per transaction thing?

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 15-Jan-19 10:09:02

You mean the payment fee?

No, you wouldn't be able to add another payment on later for a return flight without paying that again - it's charged per payment, so you'd need to pay for everything in one go to only be charged once.

IamAporcupine Tue 15-Jan-19 10:28:53

Yes, exactly what AnchorDownDeepBreath said
Thanks!

I always get confused as Ryanair and Easyjet deal with this differently

potatoscone Tue 15-Jan-19 10:36:14

What's the payment fee?

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 15-Jan-19 10:37:57

What's the payment fee?

You pay a fee when you pay on Ryanair - something like 0.5% for debit cards, 1.2% on credit cards.

potatoscone Tue 15-Jan-19 10:40:57

Oh fgs. Seriously?

BarbaraofSevillle Tue 15-Jan-19 10:42:03

Are you sure there's a payment fee on Ryanair? As I said above, I've never noticed it and the last time we flew with them was only a few months ago.

But if it's a percentage, it doesn't matter anyway, because, well, it's a percentage, so two flights are always going to cost proportionally more than one, however you book it.

BarbaraofSevillle Tue 15-Jan-19 10:45:48

This suggests that you only pay a fee if you use a corporate or non EEA card, and it's a percentage anyway, so the cost is the same whether both flights are on the same or separate bookings.

IamAporcupine Tue 15-Jan-19 11:22:29

Thanks.
I was convinced it was a flat fee not a percentage, hence the question!

Janek Tue 15-Jan-19 20:41:36

It was a long time ago - it used to be £6 per person per leg (so cost our family of four £48 to pay, then more recently it was a flat rate to pay by credit card (£3?), but free by debit card, I booked with Ryanair the other day and paid on my credit card as although I looked and looked and looked I couldn't see that this would be more expensive.

IamAporcupine Tue 15-Jan-19 21:34:33

Thanks Janek

fuzzyduck1 Thu 24-Jan-19 14:41:12

Walk it would be better than flying with Ryan air

PenguinPandas Thu 24-Jan-19 16:24:48

We are flying into Sweden and out of Norway so 2 singles - second single is originally in Norwegian currency then converts so a bit over return price but not much.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in