Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have experience of Immerse Education?

(6 Posts)
Biz33Mummy Mon 14-Jan-19 17:21:53

Hi all,
First time poster here. A friend recommended Immerse Education summer programmes for my DC (16 +13).
Both academic and seemed excited at the opportunity.

Does anyone have any thoughts/experience?

Thanks everyone grin

Jean72 Mon 14-Jan-19 17:59:42

Hi Biz33Mummy and welcome!

My DS attended their Medicine programme last summer and my DD will be attending Law this year. Absolutely brilliant programmes! Well organised, good communication and DS came back beaming. Work ethic has improved and he seems confident about uni choices. Taught by Cambridge tutors, mentors are Cambridge undergrads. He loved the activities and said it was a really useful experience. Definitely recommend.

Biz33Mummy Tue 15-Jan-19 08:25:16

Thanks Jean72!

What was the application process like? Did you find it easy to get a place? Also, how was the workload? I obviously want them to learn but I don't want them to feel like it's all work no play.
My DD will be 14, I wonder if that's too young?
Sorry for all the questions!!! blush

OldMotherHaggard Thu 24-Jan-19 17:31:21

Hi Biz33Mummy,

My DS attended their Mathematics course a couple of years ago. I must say I was very impressed by the whole operation. It may have changed since our experience but there were no applications - submit basic details and secure place with deposit (they request the rest of the information nearer the time). Not sure if there's more competition for places now they're bigger and more established but DS had no trouble.
Workload seemed well balanced - challenging content but well delivered and plenty of activities, DS particularly enjoyed having a go at punting but I remember there was a good range and he didn't complain about too much work (rare for him - lazy toad!).
Don't know about younger ages, DS was 16 when he attended. Good support structures and staff though so imagine your DD would be fine.

Biz33Mummy Fri 25-Jan-19 10:17:43

Thanks OldMotherHaggard

I had a call with them yesterday and they seemed pretty on it - woman I spoke to used to teach at a boarding school and really put my mind at ease. They're running a discount til the end of the month so I think I'll enrol both DC. I'll report back on our experience!

MariaNovella Mon 04-Mar-19 09:13:12

I’m also interested in Immerse Education and any other recommendations from posters for a summer holiday course with serious STEM content for a 16 year old boy who is doing the IB.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »