Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

CAR BOOSTER SEATS ABROAD - ANY ADVICE PLEASE?

(10 Posts)
Tups Wed 27-Jun-07 18:45:18

Hi,
We are taking our 3.7 year old abroad for the first time this year, she will be nearly 4 when we go. We always go to Majorca as have friends there etc.. etc ... and love it there. We never get the transfer coach, always prefer the taxis, I am sure the rules must be the same or similar to ours with regards to car seats etc..
We do not want our daughter to travel in a taxi/car without a booster seat, I am thinking of going and buying a cheap one just for holiday just to be on the safe side. Has anyone else done this and did you put it in your case or what? I know it seems like a bit of a dumb question but not too sure!!!
Will get round to asking our friends at some point but thought I would catch up with some of you here and see what any of you have done.
ANy advice greatfully received!!
Many thanks ..

alison222 Wed 27-Jun-07 18:59:17

Airlines take car seats separately they label them and put them thrugh te fragile area.

We have teken boosters - and full car seats with us. With the booster we had a seat belt adjuster too that moves the seat belt so it goes over the shoulder and not the neck

I don't know about the rules in Majorca though.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 27-Jun-07 19:10:03

I don't trust the fragile area - I think car seats are safer just packed in with clothes. We brought both car seats with us last year to Canada and it worked fine. I would take a booster seat, or use the transfer coach.

cba Wed 27-Jun-07 19:11:04

I always take boosters, not a problem.

flibbertyjibbet Wed 27-Jun-07 19:11:34

Alison222, can you tell me more about the seat belt adjuster, we could do with one. I did see one on Dragons Den last year which was already in production but can't remember the name.
Tups, if you take a car seat don't forget to pick it up at luggage reclaim like we did - just swanned off with cases! - remembered half an hour later and had to go through all kinds of departments at the airport to get it! DP said we should consider ourselves lucky it wasn't subject to a controlled explosion!

charlieandlola Wed 27-Jun-07 19:11:54

Take the booster seats through and check them in the same as buggies. Ours have survived fine.

LIZS Wed 27-Jun-07 19:21:02

If you look at Majorca Airport Transfers you can prebook with a child or booster seat. She'd need a high back one at very least to be safe or a proper harness seat.

alison222 Wed 27-Jun-07 21:56:34

seat belt adjuster here

We got ours from somewhere else mail order but it works in a similar way

Tups Thu 28-Jun-07 15:17:04

Hi,
Thanks everyone for the great advice, I'll check it all out. Our Britax booster seat we have comes already with a seat belt adjuster thing, I'm wondering whether just to take that one and if it gets lost, go and buy a new one, it was only £20/£30.
Still not sure whether to pack it in case or whether to put it through like a buggy - may just paack it in the case as we each get 20kg and don't think daughter's case will be that heavy...I hope!!!

sophy Thu 28-Jun-07 17:55:36

I have always taken the car booster seat as an extra piece of hand luggage and never had a problem, it's a bit bulky but not heavy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now