Talk

Advanced search

has anyone been on an Ocean Village cruise?

(5 Posts)
feb Wed 27-Jun-07 13:58:49

have just booked a 7 night tour of the med in september, when ds will be 9months. does anyone have any advice/tips?
tia

MrsDux Wed 27-Jun-07 17:31:25

We've just been on a Princess Cruise round the med and LO is 10 months. I know this isn't what you asked but we chose to do the anytime dining which means that it is pretty much the same as the Ocean Village ones. We all had a fab time. The only downside was that we didn't get to see some of the places as they were another hour or 2 each way on a bus and I don't think LO would have been up for that. We only did one of the organised tours (in Barcelona) and wish we hadn't as it was too stressful keeping LO amused while trying to listen to the guide. Would definitely do it again though.

feb Thu 28-Jun-07 12:20:14

glad you had a good time, mrsdux.
good point about keeping lo amused on guided tours

motheroftwoboys Thu 28-Jun-07 13:50:21

Love cruising and have taken our DSs on a few since they were about 7/5 - now 17/15!! We hardly ever did organised tours - far too expensive for one thing! It is so much better just to wander off the ship on your own and do your own thing then you can come back whenever you want and it is wonderfully quiet on board when a ship is in port. Enjoy! I am jealous, we are not cruising this year. Is this your first? Beware - you will get addicted!

feb Fri 29-Jun-07 12:17:28

it is our first cruise, a belated honeymoon.
i hope we don't get addicted, it's too expensive!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: