Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help me tour Ireland.....

(5 Posts)
Wolfgirl Mon 25-Jun-07 11:21:33

Travel date: 5th July

We start in Dublin, will prob stay a few nights in Wicklow.

Then travel to Cork - stay there 3-4 nights

Then travel to Limerick - stay there 3-4 nights

Using these places as a base, can anyone tell me what to visit - places for small kids too. Oh and where do I find decent accommodation without spending like £100 a night!

thanks in advance. xx

KTeePee Mon 25-Jun-07 16:25:46

Things to do with kids:

Around Cork - loads of great beaches if the weather is good (assume you will have a car?)

Fota Wildlife Park just a few miles from the city.

Charles Fort in Kinsale (about 15 miles out)

Blarney Castle (kissing of stone optional!)

Fitzgerald Park

There are a couple of soft play areas in the city if you have bad weather. (Chuckies in Wilton is one)

Don't know Limerick very well but good base for sightseeing - Cliffs of Moher, The Burren (you can visit caves there)

No idea about Wicklow I'm afraid.

I think there was a thread recently under "Shorthaul" about Dublin.

Your best bet with accomodation is probably hotel chains - I have to say most people going on holidays with kids would be doing self-catering and you are unlikely to be able to rent something for less than a week so you will need hotels or B&Bs. I would guess you would be looking at approx 100 euro a night for a hotel though...

TnOgu Mon 25-Jun-07 16:50:00

Hi Wolfgirl, in Co.Wicklow you have Bray which is a seaside town about an hours drive from Dublin.There are various things for children to do there, including the Sea life Aquarium and the usual tacky amusement arcades that children love!
You could also walk to the top Bray Head for some spectacular scenery if you are feeling energetic.

In Wicklow town there is the County Gaol which is very interesting and runs guided tours.

There is Powerscourt with it's beautiful gardens and waterfall plus the house itself to look around.It's got a childrens playground and is definitely worth a visit.

And of course Glendalough, with it's beautiful scenery and walks.

PartyClown Mon 25-Jun-07 16:59:22

Just outside Limerick city, is Bunratty Folk Park, which is a nice historical day out.

I can really recommend Fota Wildlife park as a day out, my kids love it.

There's definitely a Jurys Inn in Limerick, but I'm not sure about Cork, you can look it up on their website, I'm sure. They have quite reasonable room only rates.

KTeePee Tue 26-Jun-07 06:41:09

There is definitely a Jurys Inn in Cork too - and a very good location - walking distance of city centre.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now