Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Travel cot for 10 month old & some sort of sleepy thing for 2.5 yo please, suggestions recommendations?!?!

(13 Posts)
twolittleducks Sun 24-Jun-07 22:30:12

I know there have been similar threads but I'm looking for the best recommendations for both??!? DH have finally decided to go away for a week, abroad, and we have a 10 month old and a 2.5 year old.. Staying in an apartment and beds wont be an option as stone/tiled floor and petrified of 2.5 yo rolling out!!!!!!
She is already in junior type bed, have seen those little inflatable beds, are they any good for a lo to sleep on for a week?????
And any tips for a good, reasonably priced travel cot???!?!??!?! Weight is an issue as limited weight allowed on plane!!!!

PrettyCandles Sun 24-Jun-07 22:34:17

No need to go buy a readybed (tho they're fine for LOs). If the 2yo is already used to sleeping in a bed, then get a collapsible bedguard (Babydan, I think) and fit it to the bed over there. If you're still concerned about the gaps at top and bottom, stack pillows/sofa cushions etc on the floor. Or you could just put the mattress directly on the floor.

Can you not hire a travel cot over there? The apartment agents may be able to provide one. They're big and bulky, and will use up a substantial amount of your travel allowance.

twolittleducks Sun 24-Jun-07 22:40:00

Forgot about bedguard, already have one on dd1 bed, could just take that i suppose.. Can't hire travel cot out there i dont think, the apartment has been arranged through a friend of a friend, the basic, heres an appartment with beds and some chairs type thing!

Thanks for the bed guard though, never thought of that

NikkiBFG Sun 24-Jun-07 22:40:34

One thing I would recommend is buying a travel cot matress and taking that with you, along with a couple of sheets - we did this when went to Syria with DS. He had a family memeber's travel cot but I was able to relax in knowledge that he was at least sleeping on his own matress that conformed to safety standards, clean etc and it fitted lovely into the suitcase -hardly any weight

busybaby Sun 24-Jun-07 22:40:59

Google a 'Little Life Twin Arc' travel cot - designed for camping and very light weight and packs very small for putting in a suit-case. It is fairly expensive - about £70 but we have been using ours for about a year now and it's great - worth every penny!

Having said that, we've just come back from a holiday in Spain and hired a travel cot from the hotel - it was very respectable and in perfectly good condition so it may be worth finding out if you can do this before you spend the money on it.

flibbertyjibbet Sun 24-Jun-07 22:44:01

Some resorts have hire shops where you can hire cots etc to put in apartments when you rent.

twolittleducks Sun 24-Jun-07 23:21:08

We are going out to Lebanon and there isn't a tour operator type thing where we could hire one from, it would literally be a case of asking round for one when where out there, and don't fancy being stick without one and having a baby in bed!!!
busybaby, how old is your baby?? as in how long does the cot last until?? DD2 is fairly long!!!

twolittleducks Sun 24-Jun-07 23:34:24

Sorry busybaby, just read up to 3 years old

busybaby Mon 25-Jun-07 19:20:15

Dd is 20 months and still fits in it really well. A friend's son (2 - and a big boy!) slept in it recently and was fine in it.

It is a bit narrower than a normal travel cot but the length is similar I think.

USAUKMum Mon 25-Jun-07 19:59:30

you might want to check out this site
TinyTotsAway

I haven't used it but a friend says it is brillant. Basically for people with babies travelling. They'll deliver stuff for you. Maybe not what you're after, but useful to know about.

Coolmama Mon 25-Jun-07 20:07:19

am looking for a similar rental-type company and found this one which sounds really good - www.tots2go.com. - am planning on using them when a friend comes over from the states in August.

QueenofBleach Mon 25-Jun-07 20:09:52

just to let you know we got hit really badly with excess baggage with our travel cot but it was with cheap airline

tinkerbellie Mon 25-Jun-07 20:55:25

we got a nomad travel cot (if you google wou will find them) it's like a tent sort of thing with a self inflating mattress

we got this becuase our hotel said they didn't supply cots

it's suitable from birth upto 4 yrs they say (but my 5 yr old ds fit in comfortably

it's really light (2.5kgs) and we took it on as hand luggage and brought it back in our case when the nappies had been used

truly excellent but a bit pricey at £100 but they are a lot lot lighter than normal travel cots

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now