Talk

Advanced search

Summer camps for my teens?

(9 Posts)
altuk1978 Mon 26-Nov-18 14:38:55

I have 2 teens (13 and 15) and trying to get organised for the summer! Me and my husband are working all summer and are looking for something to keep them entertained... I've been looking into residential summer camps but quite unsure which one is best etc. Has anyone sent their chiildren to a summer camp? Can you recommend one? I'm torn between Camp Beaumont, PGL, XUK camps...

JUP123 Tue 04-Dec-18 16:05:59

Ahh, my kids went to XUK last summer, they are a fantastic! Kids came back singing their praises - they tried lots of new activities and are still in touch with their camp friends now.

We booked onto XUK activity but I think they have a couple of other options... hope this helps

altuk1978 Wed 05-Dec-18 15:13:09

yes, looked at XUK's website - they have good reviews, will look into this option a bit more

Very torn as unsure if my youngest will be totally happy staying away from home - how were your children? Was it their first time?

malmontar Wed 05-Dec-18 22:56:22

We sent ours to wickedly wonderful last summer as well as fellowship afloat and she is 10. First time away from home and she cried lots night before, cried on the way home as didn’t want to leave. They’ll be fine!

jschrieber Wed 12-Dec-18 16:13:04

My DS went to a camp in scotland, pgl and XUK before - all very good, he preferred XUK because he made a lot from friends from it and better activities. I always recommend these type of experiences - gets them out of the house instead of being glued to the playstation!

HDOsportscamp Tue 18-Dec-18 11:17:12

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

intrudercamps Wed 19-Dec-18 12:44:00

Hey there!

If your kids like technology, you might like the camps we are launching this summer. Take a look!

www.intruderlabs.com

altuk1978 Fri 11-Jan-19 13:48:15

thanks for this but looking for a residential camp and more multi-activity!
Bit confused with xuk, JUP123 - have your children only been to the activity one, or Excel? Can see they offer 3 different types on www.xukcamps.com. What did your kids prefer? Trying to finalise this all now

malmontar Sun 13-Jan-19 16:26:08

Have you looked into wilderness camp? It goes up to 15

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »