Talk

Advanced search

DH needs help - I think he's quite mad to try this-but lovely!!

(14 Posts)
HonorMatopoeia Thu 21-Jun-07 18:09:17

Hi all,
Dh seems to have quite lost his mind. He's taking Dd (2.5) to Finland in a couple of weeks time, on his own. Now Dd isn't bad but she is a handful and the thought of taking her on a flight after 2 hours waiting in an airport is enough to bring me out in a cold sweat. So, has anyone got any handy tips on what he can take with himto occupy her or general ways in which to make the experience less painful? Thanks!

KerryMum Thu 21-Jun-07 18:17:01

Valium (for himself)

KerryMum Thu 21-Jun-07 18:17:38

But other than that I know my two loved being read to at that age over and over and over again. So I'd say lots of books.

Aloha Thu 21-Jun-07 18:19:57

Books, snacks, warm clothes in case she is tired, her favourite doll, books. Sounds lovely to me!

HonorMatopoeia Thu 21-Jun-07 18:21:33

Valium is a must I think .He's a total sweetie but I'm going to miss them both so much <sob, sob>. She loves to read and warm clothes are dfinitely something I'd have forgotten for the flight ! Thank you

FLIER Sun 24-Jun-07 11:30:25

calpol-may help her sleep on flight.

suzycreamcheese Sun 24-Jun-07 11:34:51

yeh, comfort toy, dolly, snap cards, comic, books...and ...make it an adventure!

there is plenty on board to make it interesting and maybe she will nap too..

ds did 3 1/2 hour flight last summer at only 2 and loved it!

dont you want to go?

Leslaki Sun 24-Jun-07 14:32:50

use Medised instead of calpol as its got a mild sedative in it!! Also Colour Wonder pads n pens are ideal for travelling as they don't make any mess anywhere else except the paper!!

katelyle Sun 24-Jun-07 14:52:40

we've done a lot of travelling with ours from when they were tiny. We have never had the slightest problem with entertaining them in airports - there's so much to see, so much junk food to eat, so many people we're never going to see again to annoy, so many shops to explore...

Books, lots of paper and crayons (not felt pens if you can help it, you'll lose the caps and the brightest coloured one will leak all over whichever member of the party is wearing the lightest colour clothes) a pencil sharpener, a magic slate and a bag with a few new little things in it to be held in reserve in case there's a long delay or she gets a bit fractious. And never go anywhere without baby wipes, a bottle of water and a packet of digestive biscuits (in a plastic bag so they don't go soggy and/or cover everything in crumbs.)

Pruners Sun 24-Jun-07 14:55:02

Message withdrawn

HonorMatopoeia Sun 24-Jun-07 15:10:46

Thank you for all the advice, I'm printing this thread to give to Dh!
Suzy - I'd love to go but have been advised against flying by the Doctors as I'm pg and been having a few blood pressure issues .
Kate- It's so true what you sayabout leaking felt tips! Been there and done that!!

Blu Sun 24-Jun-07 15:13:41

He'll be fine!
Give your blood pressure a rest and stop worrying by proxy!

jennifersofia Sun 24-Jun-07 15:18:14

Yup, snacks (which take a while to eat, eg sunflower seeds, raisins etc), books, drawing things and lots of wipes! Spare plastic bag in case of barf or wet clothes. Spare change of clothes.

katelyle Sun 24-Jun-07 15:25:16

Oh, and a change of clothes or at least t-shirt for dh. I remember only too well travelling to America in a hot-chocolate stained top!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now