Talk

Advanced search

Canaries in February- any recommendations?

(11 Posts)
RiddleyW Wed 07-Nov-18 10:36:57

I’m trying to book a break in Jan/ Feb for a week. It’ll be me, DH and our 4 yo.

Ideally a villa type set up but with half board - does this exist? I’m a bit overwhelmed on google, could anyone help narrow it down msybe?

OP’s posts: |
BrookCreek Sat 10-Nov-18 17:33:40

In February I would stick to southern Tenerife.
Fuerteventura is lovely but very windy even in summer and can have unreliable weather in February. I was in Lanzarote in March this year and it was quite cool but we had an apartment that was fabulous. Lots of apartment complexes offer 2/3 bedroom apartments with B&B or HB. I wouldn't go HB myself as there are infinite numbers of great restaurants.

RiddleyW Mon 12-Nov-18 14:33:33

Thank you! Just having a look at Tenerife now.

OhMrTumnus Mon 12-Nov-18 14:41:38

Would avoid Lanzarote in Feb. We went and it was warm but breezy - outdoor pools with two year old were a tad chilly.

RiddleyW Mon 12-Nov-18 15:26:30

It's proving really hard to find something suitable. Nearly booked Roca Nivaria Gran but then noticed it's formal dress code for the restaurant and I really don't want poor DH to have to put a shirt on for dinner.

What a fuss!

Sundayblues13 Mon 12-Nov-18 15:39:10

Taurito in Gran Canaria is fabulous . Just a few hotels in a valley on the coast but lots of places easily assessable by bus xx

BrookCreek Mon 12-Nov-18 18:07:07

I'm with you on hating formal dress. When you spend your life at work wearing smart clothes you don't want to be told what to wear at a hotel.
However most hotels require long trousers at least for dinner through as though it keeps out the riff raff hmm.
With DH and adult DSs they take a par of long trousers and wear them just for the meal. Though to be fair, in February it won't be shorts weather in the evening anyway.

rookiemere Mon 12-Nov-18 20:48:40

When DS was younger we enjoyed staying at the Regency County Club in Tenerife. It has 1-3 bedroom apartments but also access to a nice restaurant and hotel facilities as well as mini golf and a small kids club that your DD would be a perfect age for.

RiddleyW Tue 13-Nov-18 09:03:06

OMG thank you! Regency looks really good. Taurito also looks nice but I can't find any availability for two bedrooms.

RiddleyW Tue 13-Nov-18 09:03:45

Oh and agree, long trousers is fine but I doubt DH will take any shirt shirts so really formal is a bit of a bummer.

KingIrving Fri 16-Nov-18 05:46:30

Costa Adeje Palace in Southern Tenerife has an indoor pool and a (very well) heated outdoor pool. It is midway between Playa del Duque, one of the nicest beach, and la Caleta, small village with plenty of restaurants.

The weather can be a hit and miss, so you want to be prepared with an hotel with bad weather options.

It you are after more guaranteed sun, I would look at deals in the Red sea area, either Egypt or Israel

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in