Talk

Advanced search

Italy weekend away

(6 Posts)
anonmum22 Sun 28-Oct-18 12:26:16

Hello

Would like to go to Italy for babymoon in April when I will be around 6 months. The aim of the game is to lie by the pool with some great views in the sunshine, enjoy being able to read a book without my three year old around (!) and then having a short walk to a little town for some great (gluten free) Italian food (and look longingly at the Italian wines...)

Husband never been to Italy before whereas I have been once to lake Garda so would prefer somewhere different.

Any ideas where to look?

Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
LoniceraJaponica Sun 28-Oct-18 12:28:56

I don't think it will be pool weather anywhere in Italy in April. If you want pool weather you would be better off going to the Canaries.

EllJ Sun 28-Oct-18 12:34:24

If views are what you're after then sorrento all the way. You can't get away from the gorgeous views, just stunning.

LoniceraJaponica Sun 28-Oct-18 12:35:50

You can't argue with the views in Sorrento. I found the traffic there too frantic for my liking though.

Penguinsetpandas Sun 28-Oct-18 13:02:46

Taormina in Sicily is nice but even that far south max is only 20C so pushing it for sun. Though at 6 months pregnant you may not want it too hot.

www.sicilianplaces.co.uk/guide/weather

Venice will obviously be cooler but is lovely for pottering around and enjoying views / taking vaporetto out to Burano and Murano etc.

If you are looking for more like 25-30 degrees then you'll need to go a fair bit further. Also be careful with Brexit on 29 March, still not agreed what's happening after that date.

anonmum22 Sun 28-Oct-18 17:55:36

Thank you so much for all your suggestions xx

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in