Talk

Advanced search

15 yo DS, 13 yo DD, adventure seeking DH, post op me - special holiday needed

(6 Posts)
DrillDownHelicopter Sun 28-Oct-18 08:03:59

We’ve had a very rough few years, with serious illness and death. Trying to plan a summer holiday for 2019 and really stuck.

I’m due a major op shortly and won’t be able to do anything majorly physical for a long while afterwards.

We usually go 4-5 * AI Europe as that’s what the DC like. DS likes to have organised games & competitions, DD likes to make friends. I insist on having a car so we can regularly escape & explore a bit, and eat out. I think the DC are both growing out of this a bit. DH wants to do something different - more adventurous, but I’m a little concerned I won’t be able to do anything too physical after my op and don’t want to be left having a shit holiday whilst they all have fun.

Budget is probably around £7-10k all in for two weeks. Don’t want California or Florida or a cruise. I’m pretty well travelled outside Europe, rest of family less so.

Any ideas really welcomed!

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Sun 28-Oct-18 16:31:25

perhaps something like this which is in portugal? all the best to you and your family x

LIZS Sun 28-Oct-18 16:40:08

The Alps? Some bigger resorts do activity programmes and inclusive passes for lifts and buses. The skischool may well do guided hiking, climbing, water rafting etc in summer. Even glacier summer skiing. The larger resorts also have indoor/outdoor pools or bathing lakes, spa facilities, scenic sun terraces.

EveryDayIsLikeMonday Mon 29-Oct-18 07:27:13

AI in Mexico? Plenty for the rest of the family to do, plus relaxation for you.

CherryPavlova Mon 29-Oct-18 07:33:21

Neilsons? We went a week after my chemo finished. Teens had club and water sports lessons etc. I swam in warm sea and lounged around. Activities included a PAdI course, sailing, mountain biking, kayaking, water skiing, tennis etc. Plenty to keep an active chap happy.

Bowchicawowow Mon 29-Oct-18 07:37:52

South Africa. Fantastic place and the safaris are brilliant.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in