Talk

Advanced search

Holdall recommendations

(9 Posts)
singmysongtoo Fri 26-Oct-18 11:39:30

Another North Face fan. They are expensive but really do last. DS has had one for 6 years that's been backpacking and to uni and back many times and I know he doesn't look after it.

nornironrock Thu 25-Oct-18 15:23:39

I should point out that I know the one I have recommended isn't North Face, but it's within budget and a good place to start.

nornironrock Thu 25-Oct-18 15:22:44

www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/p/mountain-equipment-roller-kit-bag-100l-E2514135.html?colour=124

Or there is a smaller one for a few quid less.

As someone who travels to jungles and deserts for a living and requires only extremely robust luggage, I can tell you that North face luggage is worth every single penny. Mine is all from them, from soap bags, to expedition sized holdalls and everything between. Have a good hunt online, and you can often find bits discounted.

M4roadtrip Wed 24-Oct-18 13:02:42

Perfect thanks.

OP’s posts: |
Justmuddlingalong Wed 24-Oct-18 12:54:45

Yes. I've got large suitcases and hand luggage from Tripp. Well made, and light. They're a well known company in the UK.

M4roadtrip Wed 24-Oct-18 12:53:00

Looks pretty good. Is Tripp a reliable brand? I haven't heard of them

Justmuddlingalong Wed 24-Oct-18 11:53:14

this one

Justmuddlingalong Wed 24-Oct-18 11:50:16

I had an email from Tripp this morning. They've got a sale on at the moment. Hang on...

M4roadtrip Wed 24-Oct-18 11:48:02

I want to buy a large holdall for my teenage son who has a school trip to Iceland and potentially other trips coming up. I want it to be good enough quality that it will last several years, but don't want to get sucked in to paying for designer branding etc. I want the sort that can be pulled behind you on wheels or carried. It should be holdall shaped rather than a suitcase.

Any recommendations? It's going to be a Christmas present, and I'm currently budgeting for between £50 and £100.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in