Talk

Advanced search

For toddlers and teens in winter

(6 Posts)
Rayn Mon 15-Oct-18 17:17:20

Hi there
I want to book a break away in the Feb half term for myself DP 4 kids ages 15,12,7 and 4. Want to stay in the UK. Centreparcs feels like the obvious choice but I am open to alternatives as we would only use the pool and slides!
Thanks

Rayn

OP’s posts: |
JupiterDrops Mon 15-Oct-18 17:25:26

Personally couldn't think of anything worse than Centerparcs.
Is there a reason you want to stay in the Uk? I never really understand why people say that when it's often cheaper to fly to Europe, and it means your kids get the added benefit of exploring the world.

Rayn Mon 15-Oct-18 17:28:01

It's because we only have three nights and we are going abroad at Easter. I am
Inclined to be with you about centreparcs! Overpriced and overcrowded!

OP’s posts: |
CherryPavlova Mon 15-Oct-18 17:36:32

A nice cottage with a wood burner and hot tub somewhere you could wrap up and do bracing walks and wave jumping. Harrogate with Brimham rocks, Cowes with Osborne House, Ironbridge area.

Ricekrispie22 Tue 16-Oct-18 06:07:42

If you're after a good pool, look at Parkdean Ruda or Trecco Bay.
Bluestone in Wales and Warmwell in Devon are also very good options.

Amazonian27 Thu 17-Jan-19 10:47:13

I don’t blame you for wanting to stay in
The UK to make the most of your break and that many flights will be costly at half term. If you only have 3 nights OP where are you based and how far are you prepared to travel to make the most of it?

Northumberland is lovely beautiful scenery lots of walks and castles to keep you busy during the day hire a cottage with a warm fire at night try Coastal Retreats or Grace Darling Holidays.

Keswick in the Lakes, Edinburgh, York, Chester, London, Ireland etc etc.

What do you all like to do on holidays?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in