Talk

Advanced search

3 Child car seats in back of Volvo V40

(14 Posts)
006 Wed 25-Aug-04 18:04:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mummysurfer Wed 25-Aug-04 18:07:42

my friend has 3 who are now 6, 5 and 4 but has had the v40 since the yougest was new born. think it has a biult in booster seat in the middle of the rear.

006 Wed 25-Aug-04 18:10:26

mummysurfer Wed 25-Aug-04 18:12:14

can it be added now?
cos she puts eldest on it but she can still sleep as has the 'wings' from the other 2 seats to lean against

006 Wed 25-Aug-04 18:18:14

mummysurfer Wed 25-Aug-04 18:19:28

can you not turn the airbag off?

006 Wed 25-Aug-04 18:26:09

clary Thu 26-Aug-04 12:55:09

006 we had three seats in the back of a toyota corolla for a while; used rockatot for new baby, slimmest booster we cd find for DS1 (4) and Britax booster+back for DD (2). Not ideal but it worked for a year. Then DS2 had to go into the Britax club class and we had to buy a Citroen picasso bus type thingy. You don't need 7 seats tho! But I wd have thought you could squeeze yrs in for the first stage at least. good luck.

Skate Thu 26-Aug-04 13:59:58

I've just had a similar dilemma - we have a Mondeo. Got a 3.5 year old, nearly 2 year old and baby due any day. Really didn't want a 7-seater but have managed to fit all seats in back (like you, was panicking as have airbag in front). I have found I can fit 2 Britax Eclipses side by side and rock-a-tot at other side even though it was impossible to put rock-a-tot in middle between 2 Eclipses - bizarre! You can definitely do it if one of yours is a booster seat - try different combinations and I'm sure you'll do it.

006 Thu 26-Aug-04 18:56:35

Skate Fri 27-Aug-04 09:44:51

Yes, I'm scared by other people's lack of concern about how the seats are fitted etc. My sister-in-law has a Britax eclipse and has the shoulder belt going through the red part on both sides when it should only be one side. I've also seen people with the belt all twisted through it but I'm a bit neurotic about having it exactly right. I've had a couple of accidents in last few years - not my fault but people pulling out of junctions in front of me so it scares me they could end up through the windscreen. If someone else puts mine in the seat - e.g. MIL, I have to check it again because they never pull the straps tight enough so they just wiggle their arms out.

Yes, I'd go for a 7-seater too so I could pick others up but we are moving house and just can't afford it so relieved we can keep current car.

006 Fri 27-Aug-04 14:38:19

Skate Fri 27-Aug-04 15:36:18

Same for us exactly - we could have got a Galaxy or something of that nature but wouldn't have been able to afford the extras we have in the mondeo like air con etc. It would have to have been older too. Plus the mondeo actually has great safety features. I'm sure you'll fit all yours in the back of your Volvo (which I believe are also majorly safe cars).

madchad Thu 01-Jun-06 14:36:21

Sorry to hijack but I have the same age combo as Skate, so will add my obs on a Rover 75 and Toyota Avensis in case it helps anyone else.
Thanks for the side by side tip, I was considering that, but shamefully haven't even pack my bag (38w)
Have decided that nanny will have to drive my car when I return to work as she has a Golf with am iddle lap belt only-I won't have any child in the front.
Eventually aspire to a 7 seater.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: