Talk

Advanced search

Rhodes in the rain!

(14 Posts)
SparklingXmas Sat 06-Oct-18 19:52:43

we are going to go to Rhodes in 10 days time and it’s forecast for Rain ☹️.

What to do with 3 kids (2,8,10)

We will be staying 20 mins from Rhodes town....

Any ideas? I’ve seen the aquarium but that it. Expected to rain for 5/7 days while we are there.

OP’s posts: |
Thiswayorthatway Sat 06-Oct-18 20:00:31

Send them to school.

SparklingXmas Sat 06-Oct-18 20:02:24

thanks Thisway.

FrazzyAndFrumpled Sat 06-Oct-18 20:04:09

Go to the water park! The floor burns if it’s too hot, so should be quite pleasant in the rain.

SparklingXmas Sat 06-Oct-18 20:08:36

Just had a look at the water park, it’s closed for some days when we are there as it’s the end of season 😕

MrsGrindah Sat 06-Oct-18 20:08:39

You can’t be surprised surely?! Ferry to Simi is good ( nice inside with plenty of room). But basically, other than the beach, you are going to have to do what you would have done anyway but in waterproofs!

SparklingXmas Sat 06-Oct-18 20:10:27

We saved up all year to go to Rhodes- can’t afford any other time and the weather has been looking lovely. I know there is always a risk with anything- but yes will take waterproofs and walk around. thanks

MrsGrindah Sat 06-Oct-18 20:15:52

Also it’s too far off for that forecast to be accurate

MrsGrindah Sat 06-Oct-18 20:18:12

I wasn’t recommending the ferry by the way it was the trip to Simi that is good!

SparklingXmas Sat 06-Oct-18 20:19:42

Thanks Mrsgrindah

fizzytonicplease Sat 06-Oct-18 20:33:36

OP my weather app is saying temp between 21 and 24, in 10days time with some clouds..no rain forcast.
If it is then hire a car and get round
Island as its huge! They do have bowling play centre etc..but hopefully you wont need them.

SparklingXmas Sat 06-Oct-18 21:13:30

I looked at the long range forecast and it said rain! will check out bowling thanks

BotherationBuggeration Sat 06-Oct-18 21:33:29

If you’re hiring a car (cheap) drive around the coast and;
-look at the goats
-go to Butterfly Valley
-go to the end of the island where you can see where the Med and the Aegean meet and mix
-go to lovely beach cafes and drink wine while the kids play on the beach cos even in the rain it’s still warm
-explore the old town and take a tour where you can go up on the walls and walk around town up high
-go on a day trip with one of the dive companies as you get a whole day out with a boat trip each way, and each adult can do a try dive while the other one stays with the baby and the older kids can do a try dive too or snorkel (it doesn’t rain underwater)
-snorkel all week - the big kids will love it and the water is still warm
-cinema (films are in English usually)

GooseDownCreek Mon 08-Oct-18 12:51:04

Tour operators are to blame for artificially extending the season to get bookings for the UK autumn half term. If you want guaranteed pool weather in late October or November you need to go further south.
It's really out of season and likely to rain at least some of the time in Greece (though Rhodes is slightly better than the Ionians).

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in