Talk

Advanced search

Taking ds2 out of school

(8 Posts)
ilovesprouts Mon 24-Sep-18 17:13:10

I'm going to Tenerife shortly and told ds school he will be having the two days off before they break up.got a snotty letter from school saying they can't authorise the two days off and I could be fined £60.my ds has had an excellent attendance from stating his junior school now at secondary school ( SN) surely they won't find for the two days off.

Saucery Mon 24-Sep-18 17:17:54

They can fine, yes. Iirc it is the Local Authority that issues the fines so it depends how seriously the school takes it and if they would refer. I know of a few parents who have been fined for 2 day unauthorised absences.

ilovesprouts Mon 24-Sep-18 17:20:30

He's not had any time off the past two years since we last went away and his junior school did not fine me and he was away for 5 days .

PatriciaHolm Mon 24-Sep-18 17:22:10

Well, policies might have changed, plus the new school might take a harder line. If they say they might fine you, I would be prepared for them to do so.

Saucery Mon 24-Sep-18 17:28:30

I personally have no issues with parents taking their children out for holidays under many circumstances (I.e. otherwise good attendance) so I do sympathise. The school can do it though and it does suck.

ilovesprouts Mon 24-Sep-18 19:22:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Saucery Mon 24-Sep-18 19:53:09

It’s a fairly standard letter, I’m afraid. You’d have to take it as intent to fine you, really. Btw, your DS’s name is on there (and yours) so I’d blank it out and repost, if I were you. I know there are no surnames or addresses on but.....

ilovesprouts Tue 25-Sep-18 09:14:30

I do t know how to delate the photo.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »