Talk

Advanced search

Can I not check out of a holiday apartment?

(12 Posts)
OldGreyBoots Tue 21-Aug-18 11:21:49

Travelling to Krakow with DP at the start of September. Our flight home is early - about 7am - and most apartments don't allow checkout until that time! Would it be possible to just pack up and leave in the night, leaving the keys in the room?
I'd feel more comfortable doing this in a hotel if need be, but could it be done in an apartment with a separate check out desk in another building?

OP’s posts: |
Childrenofthesun Tue 21-Aug-18 11:23:34

Do you have to leave a damages deposit? If you left without checking out, you wouldn't get your deposit back.

legolimb Tue 21-Aug-18 11:25:14

You need to speak to the manager/owner and see what can be arranged.

The other way around is to spend your final night in a hotel which you can leave at 5am (or whenever) to get to the airport.

NannyR Tue 21-Aug-18 11:26:53

Best thing to do is to ask when you check in. Early flights are quite common and it may be that they have a key drop box or some other system in place.

legolimb Tue 21-Aug-18 11:29:45

Have you already booked the apartment? If so contact the owner now and put your mind at ease (or think of the other option).

OldGreyBoots Tue 21-Aug-18 11:36:38

The apartment hasn't been booked yet, I emailed a few prospective places last night in the hopes I could get an answer before booking but I am aware that time is marching on!

GiraffeObsessedBaby Tue 21-Aug-18 12:07:21

Usually in that situation there's a Dropbox that you can drop keys in as you leave. So even if desk isn't manned you let them know in advance and drop the keys in a secure box at reception

OldGreyBoots Tue 21-Aug-18 12:17:23

That's good to know, thank you all so far. A potentially silly question - going through Booking.com, if it says the accommodation has a 24-hour front desk, could I then check out at any time?
Thank you for all your help, first time booking stuff on my own!

GiraffeObsessedBaby Tue 21-Aug-18 12:30:06

Yep 24 hours means someone will be there to do that at any time =]

Good luck enjoy your holiday!

OldGreyBoots Tue 21-Aug-18 12:41:45

Thank you all! Booked and excited now grin

OrchidInTheSun Tue 21-Aug-18 13:03:37

I am in a holiday apartment and there is a box just inside the main front door to leave your keys in if you check out when reception is shut

legolimb Tue 21-Aug-18 17:35:36

Good news. Hope you have a good trip.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in