Talk

Advanced search

Santa experience Lapland

(7 Posts)
Scarlettwaffle Sat 18-Aug-18 17:27:49

Just been looking at a couple of Santa holidays in Lapland. Has anyone been? Thinking of next year when my DD will be 3 - would we be better off waiting a year or two?
Any travel tips from anyone who has been?

OP’s posts: |
penguinsnpandas Sun 19-Aug-18 11:58:35

Went with TUI and was amazing but bitterly cold. Personally I would do 3 day trip and wait a couple of years, some kids that age were crying with the cold on ours though they give you warm suits and boots. My youngest was 5 then and still asked to go inside a fair bit but loved it. We stayed at Santa Sport and great to have activities on site, pool with spa and kids playarea. It's also very full on but a trip they will always remember - husky ride, reindeer sleigh rides, fireworks, santa, gala dinner, elf and gingerbread workshops, etc.

Scarlettwaffle Sun 19-Aug-18 15:29:36

Thanks - my gut feeling was she was probably a bit young, but it looks so much fun I can’t wait to go!
Think we might wait a couple of years so she will hopefully remember more of it too!

Chrisinthemorning Sun 19-Aug-18 15:31:40

We went last year when DS was 5- I think 3 would be a bit young. We did a 3 night trip with Canterbury travel, they were amazing.

ZombieHunter Wed 22-Aug-18 12:54:19

We went when DS was 5 and it was just the right age. Go for 3-4 days to make it worthwhile, there is so much to explore and you don't want one of the rushed one day trips. We stayed at the Pallas Hotel, organised by TUI. It was magical and location was fantastic. Nearest town 15 miles away, you are surrounded by winter wonderland forest.

Scarlettwaffle Wed 22-Aug-18 14:51:43

Thanks both - I think my minds made up now. Couple of extra years to save! smile

willstarttomorrow Fri 24-Aug-18 17:51:45

We went when DD was 6. This is the earliest I would have done it on reflection. We did not book a package, flights via Finn Air to Ivalo (we stopped in Helsinki and there is an amazing aqua park near the airport if you have a longer layover). We booked a log cabin apartment with Sauna, kitchen and two bedrooms. It also had a washing machine which cut down on luggage and buying a million changes of base layer. Flights and accomodation cost about £1200 over Christmas for a week. We had the best time. Loads of options to buy excursions in resort, we gate crashed one of the reps talks and he was happy to sell to us. The trips were just the right length for DD and she made friends!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in