Talk

Advanced search

Duinrell advice

(7 Posts)
FrameyMcFrame Fri 17-Aug-18 09:23:19

We have booked a 3 night stay at Duinrell next week, staying in a Duingalow! I'm so excited but worried about money...

how much spending money will we need? Have ferry crossings booked and meals on ferry paid for... so just 3 full days in Duinrell.

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
WrongKindOfFace Sat 18-Aug-18 21:24:23

It depends. Are you planning on self catering or eating out? The food on site can be quite expensive for what you get, as is the on site supermarket. Although drinks and ice creams in the supermarket are much cheaper than those around the site.

The nearest proper supermarket is Jumbo which is in the town centre. There is also an Aldi or Lidl a short distance away (can’t remember which one) and an Albert Heijn supermarket round the corner from the Aldi or Lidl. Buy a big cake or two in Jumbo or Albert Heijn. I could just eat a Dutch Apple cake. Jumbo is a bit cheaper than AH but AH has a better range, including a sushi counter.

There are lots of restaurants in wassenaar, which is just across the road from the site. Prices are about the same as the UK, some a little more expensive. Although the ice cream parlour is very reasonable at €1.30 ish a scoop.

You can use google chrome’s translate function to price up shopping, but food prices are similar to the UK, a bit more for some things. Things like household products can be a lot dearer so don’t forget to pack the dishwashing tablets - fairy platinum are €20!

If you’re staying in a duingalow presumably you get free entry to the pool? There isn’t much else on which to spend money - an amusement arcade, lots of €1 machines filled with cheap toys, a few sideshows.

FrameyMcFrame Sat 18-Aug-18 22:31:50

Yes we are in a Duingalow which has a dishwasher so great tip about the dishwasher tablets, I'll pack them!

We wanted to hire bikes but it may be too pricey.

WrongKindOfFace Sat 18-Aug-18 23:28:30

Yes, bike hire is quite pricey, but I think if you hire them in the afternoon you can then keep them until lunchtime the next day so get use on two days.

Also take passport photos as you’ll need them for your passes and it’s €5 or €6 on site. Photos printed out at home are fine.

Lim3Trousers Sun 19-Aug-18 08:15:40

You will need a passport photo each for your pass to Dunreil

FrameyMcFrame Sun 19-Aug-18 10:07:05

Thanks for the replies. Good tip about hiring at lunchtime and keeping them until the next day. Would you think hiring a bike for one Day is enough? Do you need to pay a deposit for bike hire?
I'm going to print the passport photos out now. smile

WrongKindOfFace Sun 19-Aug-18 10:21:03

I don’t think there is a deposit for bikes, but there is for other items.

It depends what you want to do and the location of your duingalow. If you’re right on the outskirts you may want bikes? But nothing is terribly far. But good luck getting children out of the pool and theme park and out for a bike ride. 😁

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in