Talk

Advanced search

Villa with private pool within a resort?

(60 Posts)
Helipad Sat 11-Aug-18 18:20:37

We're looking for a family holiday Aug 2019. Ideally a private villa or suite with a private pool as my sun bed anxiety is getting worse grin. But the DC (10 & 7) like to meet other kids, do activities and see tacky evening shows, which means hiring a private villa isn't an option.

I've looked Daios Cove but I think it may be little bit too quiet. Is there anything else similar but bit busier? We are prepared to pay a fair whack.

rookiemere Sat 11-Aug-18 21:21:13

I think they do that at La Manga

magentastardust Sat 11-Aug-18 22:59:51

lots of golfing complexes in Portugal and spain that have villas and townhouses with private pools within resorts.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 11-Aug-18 23:00:30

Aphrodite Hills in Cyprus . Fantastic !

WellySocksBox Sat 11-Aug-18 23:14:58

Quinta do Paraiso in Carvoeiro in the Algarve. James Villa Holidays. You can also use the tennis club.

Ricekrispie22 Sun 12-Aug-18 08:47:01

Vidamar Villas in the Algarve www.vidamarresorts.com/villas-algarve

TallulahMazda Sun 12-Aug-18 08:52:10

Then the Eden resort in the Algarve would be perfect for all these requirements. Villas are James villas on the resort using all the Eden facilities.

gindrinkingmarypoppins Sun 12-Aug-18 09:06:40

The gran Bahia del duque in costa Adeje in Tenerife have private villas within the resort, and they are amazing. Its also a free upgrade if you have an Amex centurion card. The whole resort is fantastic, I love it there

gindrinkingmarypoppins Sun 12-Aug-18 09:08:30

Meant to say, the villas all have a private pool, and you can wander down or get a golf buggy down to the main resort for the kids entertainment then promptly leave if it gets a bit much

Booboostwo Sun 12-Aug-18 09:50:04

Martinhal Resort in Sagres, Portugal. Best child-friendly resort we have ever been to. Three decent restaurants plus a nice village nearby, four pools, an indoor pool, a gorgeous beach, kids club, cinema nights, Friday night party, football/basketball/tennis courts, windsurfing, bike hire, horse riding and endless activities.

Booboostwo Sun 12-Aug-18 09:50:33

Forgot to say, book the kids club early as spaces are limited.

thehairyhog Sun 12-Aug-18 11:23:16

We did this at Sani Club in Greece, more of a suite but whilst you do have neighbours we had a private garden and pool, with all usual hotel amenities there. Was a fair whack though - treat holiday!

GinandGingerBeer Sun 12-Aug-18 11:51:31

Placemarking as I'm looking for similar but stuff for the teens to do while we have our own pool and some privacy. I can't do sharing a pool anymore, other people drive me insane.

WTActualF Sun 12-Aug-18 12:24:05

I'm watching with interest too. My husband has adult glue ear and can't get water in his ears which means he doesn't tend to use public pools. We had a private pool at a sensitori resort in Crete but fancy trying somewhere different.

Helipad Sun 12-Aug-18 18:12:05

Marvellous, thank you for all the suggestions! Something to trawl through later tonight, once kids are in bed.

kendodd I've already looked at the Aphoridite Hills, we were actually meant to go there few years ago but cancelled and went else where lol. It does look promising though and suitable for our needs. I might come back with some questions later on.

Booboo I do like the look of Martinhal but the reviews about the endless strong coastal wind puts me off. Is this the case even in August?

hairyhog We've been to Sani three times, but "just" to the Beach hotel. I really love it there, it is so well run and all in all just amazing. I did look at the Beach Club as I know they small private pools but for 12 nights in August is 20k. We are prepared to pay four figures but closer to 10k though grin

ginandginer That's partly my problem too, I just can't deal with the general public anymore grin I don't mind the general noise etc but there's always one who has to have tinny music blaring out of their stupid phone or kids have iPads on full blare.

Booboostwo Sun 12-Aug-18 18:28:57

That part of Portugal can get very windy. We’ve been in October and April and the weather was fantastic although we were lucky and it was unseasonably warm both times. The windsurfing beach is in the other side of Sagres and it was windy there when we visited even when the hotel beach was completely calm.

Booboostwo Sun 12-Aug-18 18:32:20

By the way the August wind hits Greece as well. It is extremely windy in many places in Greece at the moment so Sani may have a similar problem. In Greece where I have more experience of the wind the main problems are that it whips up the sand on the beach and lashes you with it which is actually painful, and it can get tricky if you are at sea with a small boat. Otherwise the wind is a welcome relief from the really high temperatures.

The Portuguese wind I have come across on the Atlantic coast was colder even in the summer, but it all depends on how you feel about heat. I enjoy the hot weather up to 40C, after that it isn’t too much.

Madbengalmum Sun 12-Aug-18 18:35:16

The Royal Villas at The Elysium Cyprus
The Villas at the Bahia Del Duque

GinandGingerBeer Sun 12-Aug-18 19:20:27

20K @Helipad shockshockshock
Christ, might invest in some proper earphones instead confused

NotAnotherHeffalump Sun 12-Aug-18 19:24:25

Also placemarking

Helipad Sun 12-Aug-18 19:29:26

ginandginger That 20k didn't include flights! And it wasn't AI either.

BendydickCuminsnatch Sun 12-Aug-18 19:31:31

Is it the kitchen part that makes it a Villa?

Lots of All Inclusives we’ve stayed at have had private pools - Sani Club in greece we had a 2 bath, 2 bed with massive private pool and beach access, but there was ankids club, main pool, restaurants etc.

Similar in Dominican Repbulic

BendydickCuminsnatch Sun 12-Aug-18 19:32:34

Oh sorry I see you’ve already done Sani! Duh, RTFT

Helipad Sun 12-Aug-18 19:32:43

Booboo thank you for the extra info! I'll take another look of the Martinhal smile.

The Daios Cove I mentioned in my OP apparently has the wind problem too. It is in Crete. One of the reviews mentioned the sand whipping issue.

Helipad Sun 12-Aug-18 19:34:51

Bendydick No worries! We don't need a kitchen, but would love one or two bed villa with a private pool within a resort.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: