Talk

Advanced search

Stopovers

(5 Posts)
Namechanger1404 Sat 11-Aug-18 09:36:09

I’m travelling to Canada stopping in the US going and coming back. I will be going through US customs. I will be taking stuff for my family

Namechanger1404 Sat 11-Aug-18 09:41:36

Fat finger sorry..I’ll continue..

I will be taking stuff for my family in Canada, the items will be sweets/chocolate etc and some paxo stuffing/casserole mixes (for the cookgrin) there won’t be any meat products. Also will I have to pay revenue or anything on these items as they will all be in packets?

Sorry if these questions are a bit duh, but I haven’t been to the US in a while, Canada are grand but I know the US officials can be rather erm ‘stern’hmm

My stopovers are 4-5 hours and I’m going to get a lounge pass, is that a good idea?

Any advice would be greatly appreciatedsmile

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 11-Aug-18 12:39:15

You should be ok with all those foodstuffs (basic rules are no meat, dairy, fish or any type of fruit or plants). No revenue is payable.

inspection.gc.ca/food/information-for-consumers/travellers/what-can-i-bring-into-canada-/eng/1389648337546/1389648516990 is a useful link

Where are you going to purchase the lounge pass and at what airport?.

Namechanger1404 Sat 11-Aug-18 14:31:07

Attila thanks, I thought that. I was going to purchase an annual pass from Priority Pass, you have access to lots of lounges around the world, that’s all I know of, do you have any advice re lounges?

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 11-Aug-18 14:42:50

I would look into it further before buying such a pass particularly in the event you only use it say once in the course of a year.

Some airline lounges put restrictions on access to them for Priority pass holders i.e. no admittance after 15.00 hours for instance. It varies a lot between airlines and they all seemingly have their own policies.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: