Talk

Advanced search

Get an exclusive 5% off your next Mark Warner holiday - call 0333 305 9795 and quote Mumsnet

Travel tips for Spain with a 1 year old

(3 Posts)
lunatunes Sat 11-Aug-18 07:47:29

Hi I'm traveling to Spain next week for the first time with a baby and I'm after any tips/advice on things to take please.

I'm particularly unsure as to what to get him for in the pool as in floatation devices. I've seen a Zoggs swim ring which we were thinking of getting but then saw a swim safe float suit and arm bands! No idea what would be best do any help greatly appreciated smile

Ricekrispie22 Sat 11-Aug-18 17:52:38

I'd use the swim ring. I hate arm bands! Even with a float suit, you still have to be guiding them the whole time because if they tip forward they might not be able to right themselves. A swim ring will allow you more freedom.
Don't forget swim nappies - enough for two or three a day.
Rinse or bath your LO after being in the pool because their skin is more sensitive to chlorine. Take your own sponge for bath time.
Check what the hotel will provide in the way of baby stuff e.g. changing mats, bath mats etc... and whether you have to reserve any of it in advance.
For baby first-aid I'd take plasters, calpol, piriton, sudocrem and a thermometer.
Don't forget bibs and beakers and a few plastic spoons.
If your LO is sharing your room, it might help to bring a headtorch if you have one so you can do nappy changes etc... without turning the main light on and disturbing your sleeping OH!
A baby monitor is also useful.

MorrisDancingViv Sun 12-Aug-18 07:17:44

I used a swim ring float thing when we took dd away at 14 months. We went away again just after she turned 2 and used a life jacket thing. She's 3 now but all armbands we have tried are too small for her so she still wears her life jacket (!)

Swim nappies and sunlotion are generally more expensive abroad so buy here.

If you tend to use things like Ella pouches etc then also buy them here as they can be hard to get hold of and again more expensive.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: