Talk

Advanced search

October half term holiday destination

(7 Posts)
panicovernow Tue 07-Aug-18 20:47:18

Thinking of booking a holiday this October as we are staying home this summer. I’ve never been away in October and I am looking at European destinations for a family holiday. Can anyone advise on where is best to go for good weather. Is Greece or Spain still suitable for the beach and swimming pool? Or is it just the canaries that offer that climate in October? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Hoppinggreen Wed 08-Aug-18 10:27:52

We own a property in Spain on the Costa de la Luz
We usually go for October half term and have had temperatures in the high 20’s, although low/mid 20s are more usual. The weather is better than at Easter which tends to be wetter
My dc are happy to go in the pool at that time although it is a bit cold and sometimes they wear wetsuits in the sea.
I don’t like very hot weather anyway so October is perfect for us

Hizz Wed 08-Aug-18 15:57:29

If you want guaranteed beach and pool weather you should head to Canaries.
It might be warm in Greece or Spain but you could have a cold wet week. I wouldn't risk it. Also October half term is nearly to November so less chance of good weather.

abitoflight Wed 08-Aug-18 16:01:58

I went last October half term to kos - about 28 but that was unusual (usually low 20's?)
Agree with canaries

AuntieMay Wed 08-Aug-18 16:08:16

We own a holiday home in Almeria Spain - weather in October half term is lovely - mid 20s.
Pool is cool but the sea is actually warmer!
Need a cardi in the evenings but it barely ever rains in that region - Very desert climate.

panicovernow Thu 09-Aug-18 22:22:46

Thanks for all your replies. I was thinking Canaries would be the best option weather wise but we have been there a few times and was thinking maybe elsewhere for a change, but with 20+ being likely in Spain and Greece we have lots of choice smile

OP’s posts: |
loopsngeorge Fri 10-Aug-18 12:07:27

We have been to the Costa del Sol the past three years in October half term and have had either wall to wall sunshine or 2 out of 7 rainy days. There are lots of places to go and see there when the weather isn't so good anyway.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in