Talk

Advanced search

Prague in February with kids

(5 Posts)
Tiredandtorn Sun 05-Aug-18 13:30:18

We’ve just booked a feb half term city break with our 4 and 6 year old. Bit nervous as it’s our first city break with the kids.

Does anyone know how cold it’ll be? Google says around 4 degrees. But would be interested to hear from anyone whose been.

Any tips for best places to visit with the kids when we’re there?

OP’s posts: |
Branleuse Sun 05-Aug-18 13:33:28

good luck. Its gonna be fucking freezing.

I would love to go tbf, but for feb half term, i usually try and head south, not east

Tiredandtorn Sun 05-Aug-18 13:37:53

Lol! Thanks, it was DH’s idea! I’ll hold him responsible when we all get hypothermia! I wanted to go to Barcelona!

OP’s posts: |
SJane45S Sun 05-Aug-18 18:08:33

We went in Feb years ago with our 2 eldest & it was very very cold! We were prepared for it though & our 2 teenage girls were pretty disgusted with the thermals! Just layer up & you'll be fine. There's lots of restaurants with outside heaters and hot wine which helps!

justaweeone Sun 05-Aug-18 19:32:43

Dh and I went with some friends in Jan( left kids behind as they are older)
Weather was beautiful and I had put lots of layers on but was so hot had to take off my coat at some points
It's a city break so lots of walking so that helps, outside seating areas had heaters, enclosed areas, blankets etc
For a city break I'd rather it was cold rather than too hot
I'm sure you will be fine, we had a lovely time and it's a really friendly family city( ours are still complaining that we didn't invite them!!)
Just layer up and enjoy!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in