Talk

Advanced search

Argh I'm being dim and need help

(10 Posts)
PongoPingoPango Sat 04-Aug-18 10:51:23

Flying soon for family holiday, I want to put a bit of makeup in my hand luggage but how on earth do the restrictions work? Is there only a certain amount in total? Or does each bottle have to only have a certain amount in it?!

Please someone help my absolute brain fog! Google isn't being much help!!

OP’s posts: |
justpoppngby Sat 04-Aug-18 11:02:18

As long as you don't have more than 1000ml in total you can have them in varying quantities and different bottles etc however they must not exceed 100ml each. I find it easier to decant larger stuff into smaller travel bottles.
They must then fit in a 10x10 cm clear sealable plastic bag.
Keep in mind you can buy large bottles of suncream etc in a shop like boots after going through customs stuff.

userxx Sat 04-Aug-18 11:02:49

As long as liquid is less than 100 ml you will be ok.

GertrudeCB Sat 04-Aug-18 11:04:02

...or take the money and buy it after you go through security.

justpoppngby Sat 04-Aug-18 11:31:04

Sorry- that should be 20x20cm clear bag

PongoPingoPango Sat 04-Aug-18 12:16:13

Thankyou all for replying! That's really helped, it's only 1 bottle of foundation, one pot of concealer, some lip gloss, mascara and some moisturiser so I should be ok smile good idea with the decanting, think I'll do that with my moisturiser smile

dementedpixie Sat 04-Aug-18 12:19:00

Each container needs to be 100mls or less and they need to fit into a clear resealable bag with max size 20x20cm

dementedpixie Sat 04-Aug-18 12:22:04

If you do take liquids in your hand luggage:

- containers must hold no more than 100ml
- containers must be in a single, transparent, resealable plastic bag, which holds no more than a litre and measures approximately 20cm x 20cm
- contents must fit comfortably inside the bag so it can be sealed
- the bag must not be knotted or tied at the top
- you’re limited to 1 plastic bag per person
- you must show the bag at the airport security point

PongoPingoPango Sat 04-Aug-18 12:59:41

Also while we are on the subject does anyone know what I do with ds inhaler? He has two and I need to keep them on me on the flight just in case, does that count towards your liquid allowance?

Hoppinggreen Sat 04-Aug-18 20:25:09

Inhalers are separate
We have been flying with DD’s inhalers at least 3 times a year for 10 years and we just carry them in hand luggage and don’t even get them out at security

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in