Talk

Advanced search

Any theme parks near Musselburgh?

(13 Posts)
Hairyhat Mon 16-Jul-18 21:47:52

Can anyone recommend a theme park near Musselburgh or Edinburgh please? We are doing all the usual cultural visits but I need one quick hit of fairground for 8 year olds please?
I've tried looking online but my searches are proving fruitless.

OP’s posts: |
Hairyhat Mon 16-Jul-18 21:52:05

Oh and I need to add I don't have a car so public transport or walking distance please

Ricekrispie22 Tue 17-Jul-18 05:56:09

No theme parks. The best I can think of is Jump In Trampoline Arena or tubing at Midlothian Snowsports centre www.midlothian.gov.uk/directory/27/skiing_and_snowboarding/category/160

Hairyhat Tue 17-Jul-18 11:16:43

Anybody?

Hairyhat Tue 17-Jul-18 11:17:34

Oh thanks Ricekrispie. I'll have a look

Unsureneighbour Tue 17-Jul-18 11:24:41

Definitely no 'theme park'. The only place along that description in the whole of Scotland is M and D's over in Lanarkshire area. Most towns in Scotland are served by travelling shows, ie fairgrounds. Some of the seaside towns have more permanent fixtures but I'm not sure whether any in East Lothian do.

Would East Links Family Park work though? It's got a lot of attractions and should be accessible to you on the train from Musselburgh to Dunbar.

Hairyhat Tue 17-Jul-18 11:56:03

Thanks unsure you're a gem

DrWhooves Tue 17-Jul-18 11:59:22

When are you there? There's a fairly big travelling fun fair in Burntisland just now and for about the next month or so. If you can get public transport to Waverley station you'll get a direct train to Burntisland. There's also a pool with waves and flumes there if you wanted to make a day of it.

charityhallet Tue 17-Jul-18 12:07:02

I'd recommend East Links too but it is 3 miles from the train station! The bus from Musselburgh goes past the (0.5 mile walkable) drive to East Links and is a much better option. East Links is also pretty pricey - £15 each.

Hairyhat Tue 17-Jul-18 12:28:39

No car but thanks I'll look into East links. I love mumsnet

Hairyhat Tue 17-Jul-18 12:29:22

We are there next week

Unsureneighbour Tue 17-Jul-18 15:56:49

Yes if you can make the journey to Burntisland the shows are there, there's also a sandy beach with lifeguards, large play park/splash park and a swimming pool with waves/flumes. I was there yesterday grin You would go Musselburgh - Waverley then Waverley - Burntisland by train.

Hairyhat Wed 18-Jul-18 20:24:26

Thanks again you guys

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in