Talk

Advanced search

Can I bring formula powder in hand luggage?

(15 Posts)
Rachael1208 Wed 13-Jun-18 15:39:51

Hi I've been googling none stop and can't find an answer! We are travelling to Spain on Saturday with our 10 month old. We are only going for 4 days so only have hand luggage. Does anyone know if I can bring enough formula powder for the 4 days in a sealed freezer bag or lunch box. He is only on 3 bottles a day and don't wait to bring the tub because we will be stuck for room. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Oh and we are traveling from East Midlands with Ryanair.

Thank you 😊

GlitterRollerSkate Wed 13-Jun-18 15:45:43

I don't see why not it's not a liquid. I've flown with the pre made formula which are 200ml and not had a problem.

specialsubject Thu 14-Jun-18 12:36:44

it is not a liquid, gel nor paste. So yes.

welshweasel Thu 14-Jun-18 12:38:27

I’m just super impressed you’re travelling with a baby and only hand luggage!! What about nappies etc?

victoryvee Thu 14-Jun-18 12:58:15

Hi we ordered our formula from the airport boots flightside. It meant it wasn't included in our luggage limits and didn't have the issue of passing it through security. They only needed a couple of days notice.
Is that an option?

dementedpixie Thu 14-Jun-18 12:59:31

The only restrictions are for liquids, gels and pastes so formula powder is fine to take.

Windydayz Thu 14-Jun-18 13:01:39

I didn't think restrictions apply of liquid formula. I took 6 bottles @ 200ml a bottle in hand luggage just fine.

dementedpixie Thu 14-Jun-18 13:05:06

They used to make you open and taste liquid formula. I wonder if they have new ways of screening it

Knittedfairies Thu 14-Jun-18 13:07:32

victoryvee had a good idea!

DailyMailFail101 Thu 14-Jun-18 13:07:46

Just get a click and collect to the boots inside the airport after security, boots sell most brands.

DragonsAndCakes Thu 14-Jun-18 13:08:39

Powder should be fine. smile

Rachael1208 Thu 14-Jun-18 15:02:56

Ok great thanks for the advice. Not sure if there is a boots in East Midlands but will look into it. He is only on two bottles a day so will just chance taking it in a freezer bag so I can save room. Also we are only going for 4 days hence the hand luggage. He will have his own and myself and partner will share.

victoryvee Thu 14-Jun-18 15:07:34

We just used the pre mix bottles as it was easier when out and about and meant didn't need the faff of boiling/cooling water but ours were a lot younger when we went so needed more bottles a day when we were out and about etc

GlitterRollerSkate Thu 14-Jun-18 16:36:00

Have you check if you baby gets hand luggage? Last few times I've been away the baby was entitled to hold luggage but not hand luggage. I was allowed hand luggage and a small nappy bag. I'm getting a flight with no hold luggage soon and the baby doesn't have a hand luggage allowance either.

Rachael1208 Thu 14-Jun-18 17:04:53

Ye I have ordered the pre made bottles from superdrug in the airport so I don't have to stress about security! No baby doesn't have own hand luggage I will just fill mine with his stuff and we will share my partners! Thanks for all the feedback really appreciate it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: