Talk

Advanced search

Club Med, Mark Warner or Neilson - anyone gone with food allergies??

(8 Posts)
Ruggles Tue 12-Jun-18 21:56:02

We're looking at some all-inclusive holidays for our summer holidays. Two DS (9 and 8). We love the idea of all-inclusive and lots of activities. One of the boys is allergic to nuts and sesame. Just wondering if any other MN'er has allergy experience with any of these companies? They all make re-assuring noises, but would love to hear first hand experiences. Thank you smile

OP’s posts: |
StarUtopia Tue 12-Jun-18 21:58:30

Neilson are generally amazing. Much better than the other two. But that's only based on my experiences of holidays with them - not going with food allergies. I would trust them if they said they could accommodate though!

Ruggles Thu 14-Jun-18 16:57:55

Thanks StarUtopia, that is good to know - as you say, being trustworthy is the main thing. They've been very helpful on the phone, so fingers crossed, we are going to book! Which resorts have you been to? flowersflowers

Arcadia Wed 20-Jun-18 21:56:59

We have just been to Neilsons resort in Sardinia. They announced on the plane out not to open any snacks with nuts in and then all the catering for the entire week was nut free throughout the whole resort so no risk of cross contamination. This was because of one child with a nut allergy. I would recommend. Let me know if you want more details it was a great holiday.

Arcadia Wed 20-Jun-18 21:57:43

Resort i went to is Baia di Morri. Amazing staff.

Arcadia Wed 20-Jun-18 21:58:28

My 8 year old literally had the time of her life at kids club.

Thankyouforthemusic Wed 20-Jun-18 22:03:18

My dd has nut allergy and we've been a few times with neilson. They've always been great making her own food if she didn't want anything on offer and telling us what was ok for her. The best holidays too!

Ruggles Fri 22-Jun-18 20:08:01

Thank you for your replies - I can't get over that about Neilson - what an amazing respone to one child's allergy. We'd already booked before I saw your posts - there wasn't much available for August gringrin, and we're going to Corsica with Mark Warner. Think Neilson will be top of our list for next year. xxx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in