Talk

Advanced search

Haven't booked a summer holiday yet...

(10 Posts)
MagnifyingGlassSearch Sun 03-Jun-18 17:45:24

We thought we couldn't afford it but it turns out we now can smile. Have we left it too late? We can go the 2nd, 3rd or 4th weeks of August, could do 7 days, 10 days, 2 weeks... Budget for a family of 4 approx £5K. Must NOT be extremely hot and please no one be offended, but we don't want to be surrounded by lots of noisy young kids. DC are 11 and 14 so would love a place that's more suitable for teens. Bike trails would be great. In the past we have done and loved eurocamp but DH needs to sleep in comfort, and the little mobile homes don't really offer that. I also worry we've left it so late we'll end up in a rubbish location. Would love to hear your suggestions.

fruitcider Sun 03-Jun-18 18:00:47

Ooh I love a good holiday search!

Which airports can you fly from?

By not too hot, what do you mean? What is your preferred temperature?

TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross Sun 03-Jun-18 18:09:45

Slovenia. Beautiful country, not at all touristy in an AI hotel with loud music and kids’ discos kind of way. Walking, lakes, cable cars, caves, castles, beautiful capital city. We stayed in Kranjska Gora which is very quiet; lots of people recommend Bled which is on a lake with a lido for swimming. The temperature is very mild in the Julian Alps as well - so slightly warmer than the UK but not a sweltering heat at all.

MagnifyingGlassSearch Sun 03-Jun-18 18:16:21

Gatwick would be ideal. Temperature-wise, anything beyond say 27 Celsius make us a very grumpy family.smile

Frenchfamille Sun 10-Jun-18 21:08:52

Did you find a destination? We have children from 16 to 5 years and go to the pyrenees, with bikes. We stay in a town called Bagnères de bigorre. Water sports, walks, great mountain biking, but basically good old mountain air. If you want details on where we stay just message me. There is a fabulous Spa we treat them to which is 11-15 euros so not extortionate but so relaxing. My older children love it there as it makes them feel grown up but has pools with thundering rain effects and outside jacuzzis.
Glad you are able to afford a holiday after all!

MagnifyingGlassSearch Mon 11-Jun-18 06:28:30

I haven't found anything sad
I'll PM you
Thank you French

RBW18 Wed 13-Jun-18 15:22:57

Have you found the holiday yet? TUI and Thompson have some good late summer sale deals

dingit Wed 13-Jun-18 15:37:18

Austria. saalbach. You take bikes up in cable car and cycle down. And google games at the end of the valley, and captain hooks swimming pool.

Frenchfamille Wed 13-Jun-18 19:35:00

I think I sent a long old reply, Magnifying, which I started and possibly forgot to post in the end! If you didnt get it let me know.

somewhereovertherain Fri 15-Jun-18 07:47:49

We did two weeks in Sweden and was a proper out doors holiday weather was lovely. We self catered, hired a car and loved it. Oh and two weeks in August cost us 1200 for 4 including flights and car hire. Food and days out extra.

£5k is a massive budget. We did two weeks in Spain for under 2k in August. Self catering again not a big resort but too hot

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: