Talk

Advanced search

Santorini in November?/short break recommendations

(6 Posts)
BendydickCuminsnatch Tue 29-May-18 08:00:03

I turn 30 next November and it should hopefully be a sweet spot of both kids being old enough for my mum to have for a few days, and me hopefully not being pregnant 😄 the last few days I’ve become obsessed with Santorini, but think I’d be disappointed to go and it be cloudy/not the pristine cloudless sky you see in all the gorgeous photos. So is that likely to be the case in November?
So also looking for suggestions of somewhere, probably in Europe, suitable for a short break. Probably 4 days or something.
Current list of options is:
Copenhagen
Norwegian fjords
Cotswolds
Lake District (too cold?)
Cape Verde (too far probably)
Ibiza
Greece
Azores
Croatia

OP’s posts: |
specialsubject Tue 29-May-18 20:36:51

daft time to go to Greece, sorry. most stuff wil be shut and Greek holiday accommodation is designed for summer.

BendydickCuminsnatch Wed 30-May-18 07:57:08

Well that’s why I asked! Google didn’t come up with much. Thanks! smile

OP’s posts: |
happystory Wed 30-May-18 08:44:12

Canaries? We went in early November and it was sunbathing weather, tho the pool was a little chilly. Everything open though. Definitely not Greece or Ibiza if you want beach type weather,

hollytom Wed 30-May-18 10:26:31

Croatia will be out of season went in October half term and everything was closing down.
I think you will need to go a bit further south if you want nice weather in November like the canaries or Morocco? Dubai is not too far but I guess it depends on what you want from your break

BarbaraofSevillle Thu 31-May-18 09:55:35

If you think the Lake District would be too cold, I wouldn't bother with Copenhagen or Norway.

Andalucia? Could still be warmish and lots of interesting cultural stuff to see and lovely tapas/drinks evening stroll type activities - can do city breaks in Seville, Malaga, Granada and travel easily by train or coach between them if you want a couple of days in more than one city. Cordoba is also an easy day trip by train from Seville.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in