Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris spending money!

(2 Posts)
Sophsmyth112 Sun 27-May-18 14:56:22

Can anyone help or advise on what would be a suitable amount for spending money for Disneyland Paris. We go next week for 3 days and have put aside €750 for spending money this is for 2 adults and 3 children. We are bed and breakfast and the children have their own spending money so it's really to do us for lunch and dinner. Would this be enough? We have never been before and don't really know what to expect.

OP’s posts: |
Ricekrispie22 Mon 28-May-18 14:16:16

So you won’t end up blowing your budget due to unexpected conditions, bring your own ponchos and umbrellas just in case it rains, and pack sunglasses, hats, sunscreen too. Also, generic Disney souvenirs, such as costume accessories and t-shirts are best bought before you go from shops like Primark. Save your money for the Disneyland Paris items you might not be able to find anywhere else.
Take your own glow sticks for after-dark parades instead of buying the expensive ones at the park. Take your own notebook for autograph sessions too.
You are able to bring small snacks and water bottles into the park without a problem. Making stops to refill them at the water fountains saves time and money. We use those handy capsules of dilutable squash that you can buy in supermarkets.
Split meals. Some portions are large enough to share such as the Double fish & Chips in Toad Hall restaurants or an adults pizza from various locations. Another good tip is for adults to gets a child's meal sometimes. A child's is enough for me at lunch if I've filled up on the breakfast buffet. At Cafe Hyperion, the only difference between the adults and kids meal is the size if the burger and the dessert. Adult burger is a quarter pounder whereas the kids burger is a normal size one. Fries and drink are the same.
Check the back of your receipts as there are often vouchers for free drinks or money off another purchase.
Smuggle pastries, bread rolls and apples from the breakfast buffet!
The Earl of Sandwich in the village is nice, and inexpensive, they do meal deals too. There's a McDo's which has comparable prices to the UK. I used to be a Mcdonalds snob, i.e I refused to eat at it previously at DLP as I generally don't like fast food restaurants. However after 3 trips to DLP eating at places like Cafe Mickey where my kids agreed that the burgers tasted of water, I tried McDo's and was really pleasantly surprised!
Caseys Corner is definitely one of the cheaper options, the most expensive meal is about €14.99 for a main, dessert and drink, which is very cheap compared to everywhere else.
Lucky Nugget Saloon is great option. Great quality tasty food at a reasonable price. The theming and atmosphere you get for that price too is outstanding, probably the best value for money all round. Around €20 per adult, €10 per child for a main, dessert AND unlimited drinks. one of the very few places that do unlimited drinks in the price.
Overall I'd allow an average of €120 for food per day, so hopefully you'll come back with change!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in