Talk

Advanced search

Barcelona October Half Term

(5 Posts)
whatithink Sat 26-May-18 18:33:25

Will it still be warm enough to go on the beach and swim in the sea? October half term so 26th October to 2nd November.

Thank you

OP’s posts: |
Taffeta Sat 26-May-18 21:48:19

We went Oct half term 3 years ago and it was in the 70’s F. Sat outside in cafes in short sleeves, lovely.

Bellebelle Mon 28-May-18 09:12:26

Not sure about swimming in the sea (although DC’s never seem to mind!) but October is normally lovely, weather doesn’t tend to turn cold until Dec/Jan in Barcelona. We’ve been in October a couple of times and it is normally lovely and warm but no baking hot beach days.

Paddybare Mon 28-May-18 09:26:57

Just had a look at the weather for last October. Nine days in the month had rain, maximum daytime high was 26 and and maximum low was 19. The lowest nighttime temperature was 12 degrees.

It probably won’t feel like a summer holiday but should be pleasant enough!

FreeMantle Mon 28-May-18 23:10:21

In my experience Barcelona is roughly a month and a half difference. So expect it to be like early September uk (based on the south). After Christmas it's a month and a half better ( so more like early March in January).
The sun is warmer so when it comes out, which it probably will in October you'll be in T shirts.
The beach has quite a drop off so it's more paddling type stuff. Pools will be warm enough . Check because some places shut theirs. I go every January and I swim no problem outside. Not at all cold compared to Britian!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in