Talk

Advanced search

Caledonian Sleeper with Newborn

(4 Posts)
ReadyToPopPop Thu 24-May-18 21:56:43

Hi, my hubby and I will be travelling to Scotland with an 8 week old possibly on Caledonian sleeper howeve unsure on where baby will sleep. Looking to get a twin berth. Anybody travelled this way before?

Would a pram with bassinet fit in berth so she could sleep in that?

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
trockodile Thu 24-May-18 22:06:22

Hi,
I traveled last year -I use a rollator and it had to be folded to get through the corridor and wouldn’t have fitted in the cabin so I don’t think a pram would work. Bassinet only, or car seat might fit but no way of securing it so not a good idea. There are new trains planned but no idea when they will be in service. Other than sleeping in berth with baby, I think the only solution would be to ask to use disabled bunk-obviously if not already in use by a disabled traveller- as it has bigger floor area and is beside train door so you don’t need to travel down corridor. I found Caledonian very helpful so it is worth phoning and asking for advice. Good luck 😀

Nomad86 Fri 25-May-18 18:02:14

There's a section on here that explains about travel cots.

www.seat61.com/CaledonianSleepers.htm

Nomad86 Fri 25-May-18 18:06:09

If you're travelling after October there will be new carriages with double beds and family suites. You'll find the accommodation more spacious then but even in the current trains, you can get a pop up cot that will fit.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in