Talk

Advanced search

Mosquito Wristbands

(9 Posts)
beth251993 Thu 24-May-18 16:25:24

Hi,
I will be 23 weeks pregnant when I go on holiday to Lanzarote.
I was wondering if Mosquito Wristbands are safe to use in pregnancy and has anyone any experience in using them?
I'm also going to be taking mosquito plugs, been very cautious on this holiday.

More specifically the name of the wristbands are; Mosquito Repellent Bracelets - 10 Pack - All Natural, Deet Free and Waterproof Bands for Adults and Children Foiled Packed and ordered from amazon.

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Amanduh Fri 25-May-18 13:31:48

Yes they're safe. They’re not very effective though, most sprays are safe anyway and I used those instead. They find pregnant women very tasty so I used something a bit stronger!

beth251993 Fri 25-May-18 14:29:44

Might wear them and use spray at same time. Never been anywhere with a lot of mosquitos before

mummymeister Sun 27-May-18 11:29:33

we find that the boots own anti mosi spray is the best one. put it on after you have done your suncream. a bottle is about a fiver and we find it lasts about a week.

don't use both. the wrist bands have never worked on us only the spray.

Grasias Sun 27-May-18 13:17:22

They are safe but don't work.
You need a spray containing Deet and don't forget it as the one time you do they will know grin.
Having said that I've been to Lanzarote a lot and never had a problem with mozzies unlike Greece and Spain.

Furrycushion Sun 27-May-18 13:19:55

Have you been to Lanzarote? I've never seen a mozzie there (one of the reasons we like it). There is no standing water so nowhere for them to breed. We don't use any repellent there (& I'm usually very tasty to them)

Todamhottoday Sun 27-May-18 13:35:27

I live in a mozzie prone country and have lived in other countries with big mozzie problems.

Im not usually the all you can eat buffet like my other half, but do get bitten, but the bands are a waste of time.

So is SSS (avon) Marmite, garlic pills, and all other assorted lotions and potions most products without deet are not very effective.

I have to use the Jungle tropical formula (50% deet), its cheapest at Home Bargains at the moment.

Having tried every other brand (Boots was absolutely terrible, burnt my skin, and I dont have any allergy's) Wilko, Superdrug and so on including some local ones in Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, India and on and on.

The only one that works for us both is jungle Formula, your right to have plug ins but I would buy them when your at your destination.

I have many around the house and have always done so and they do work (I use the liquid ones).

But does Lanzarote have a big problem, not been to that island?

Furrycushion Sun 27-May-18 15:13:27

But does Lanzarote have a big problem, not been to that island?
No, it doesn't (see above).

Grasias Sun 27-May-18 15:56:41

Furrycushion Yes one of the reasons I like the Canaries is the absence of mozzies.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: