Talk

Advanced search

Need to get Russian visa asap for work, am currently in France

(14 Posts)
Nana45 Tue 15-May-18 20:32:50

Hi there,

Hoping you can help. I am British but am in France for work at the moment . I need to go to Russia this weekend.

I am wondering if any online visa places exist that I could use? I don't mind the cost as is cheaper than flying back to London.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thankyou smile

OP’s posts: |
Allthebestnamesareused Tue 15-May-18 20:46:04

We went to Russia last year but for a leisure trip. You have to have fikk details of where you are staying including bokmings flights etc, an invitation to go there - our hotel arranged this through a Russian Travel Agency but the onky way to get the visa is to go to London (not the embassy but a separate visa place). You can download the form you need from.their website. Be prepared you need to list every country you have been to in the last 10 years and when. However they take the application and sned the passport when apprived - about 7 days!

If you are going for work it may be.more vigorous but surely your work would sort kt

Titsywoo Tue 15-May-18 20:51:36

You might be able to if you go to the VFS Global Office in Paris (if there is one) but it takes a couple of days and they will have to take your passport. You also need to fill in a big form before you go and you'll need your old passports numbers and even your kids passport numbers plus you need to know everywhere you have travelled with exact dates in the last year. It's a real pain.

Titsywoo Tue 15-May-18 20:52:42

There is one in Paris - 17 Avenue George V, 75008 Paris, France. Opens at 9am tomorrow.

Nana45 Tue 15-May-18 21:41:26

Thank you for the replies.

Titsywoo, Thank you so so much!!! Am googling now!

mateysmum Tue 15-May-18 21:55:49

Good luck - but don't count your chickens. The wheels of Russian bureaucracy grind slowly -especially in the current climate.

Nana45 Wed 16-May-18 00:16:31

Yeah, this looks super slow. I am not even counting the eggs!

I have found a website called ivisa- has anyone used this before?

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 16-May-18 08:32:39

Would avoid because they are a middleman and are not affiliated with any government department. They would probably charge you just as much or more to get your visa which you can apply for directly so use official channels instead.

TheHodgeoftheHedge Wed 16-May-18 08:35:30

And just to warn you - I travel to Russia regularly for work and there has been a "go slow" on urgent visas for Brits, because of recent tensions.

Nana45 Thu 17-May-18 20:44:30

Thanks everyone for the help! Really been useful.

I have had to take a flight back to London last night, go to the Visa place today and hopefully should have my passport back by tomorrow evening.

I can imagine political don't help getting a visa that quickly.

TheHodgeoftheHedge Fri 18-May-18 10:40:21

Good luck @Nana45

Nana45 Fri 18-May-18 12:12:24

Thankyou ! A few more hours and will find out if I have it!

Nana45 Fri 18-May-18 18:42:38

I have my visa and am going back to France! Thank you everybody :D

TheHodgeoftheHedge Fri 18-May-18 20:38:32

Hurrah! Well done!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in