Talk

Advanced search

Ryan air help!!!!

(7 Posts)
minimammy Mon 14-May-18 20:44:28

My husband booked our Ryanair flights for the summer.
I've just checked and the children's names do not include middle names at this point. I know Ryanair can charge you over all sorts! Is this one of those things or more to be included when we do online check in?
Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
TroubledLichen Tue 15-May-18 02:36:33

Ryan Air don’t ask for middle names, as long as the first name and last name are correct and match the passport then you’re all set grin

BarbaraofSevillle Wed 16-May-18 06:53:01

Middle names are optional. Don't worry about it smile

With Ryanair, what you have to watch for is sitting together. They do it quite cheaply with DCs and you can choose you seats up to 30 days before the flight. If you don't pay, you can't choose your seat until 4 days before the flights and you will get the dregs and there might not be any seats together left.

I've also read on the news that they are changing this to being able to check in 60 days before the flight if you pay, and only 2 days before if you don't. So unless you want to risk sitting apart, you are effectively forced into paying for your seats. And bear in mind that everyone else is in the same boat, so choose your seats early for the best chance of sitting together.

AnyFucker Wed 16-May-18 07:00:10

Middle names not required

minimammy Wed 16-May-18 16:16:25

Thank you for the tip.
We have chosen our seats in the back already.🤷🏻‍♀️ I'll still check in early though.

OP’s posts: |
QuinionsRainbow Wed 16-May-18 17:13:54

If you don't pay, you can't choose your seat until 4 days before the flights and you will get the dregs and there might not be any seats together left.

Do check. According to Martin Lewis this week, from June 13th (I think) the advance check-in period is reduced to 2 dys.

BrazzleDazzleDay Wed 16-May-18 17:20:16

Ach ive put in my married name instead of maiden like my passport and added two of the same child before. Changed it no problems, but as pp says, middle names not required.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in