Talk

Advanced search

Nice New York restaurant for adults please

(13 Posts)
popmum Tue 08-May-18 15:00:28

Am off to nyc soon with my mates and we would love to go to a nice restaurant nearish Times Square...any ideas?
Has to have veggie/fish options and not be all seafood

Happy to pay a bit - glam but not too glam!

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
MissConductUS Tue 08-May-18 16:22:48

This is a longish walk or a very short taxi ride from Times Square (or one stop on the tube) and just a magical dining experience:

www.unionsquarecafe.com/

I'm a NY'er by the way. Enjoy!

Redtartanshoes Tue 08-May-18 16:23:57

Del friscos was lovely last time I was there. It’s a steak restaurant however

Ricekrispie22 Tue 08-May-18 17:28:52

The View is fine dining with a slightly large price tag. It's the only revolving rooftop restaurant in NYC and the views are worth the price. Food is contemporary American cuisine.
R Lounge is quite glitzy and has the most amazing cocktails.
Lillie's Victorian Establishment has an amazing atmosphere and is a great experience. Delicious food at a reasonable price.

HundredMilesAnHour Tue 08-May-18 20:21:13

I love the Capital Grille at Time-Life (W51st). A friend had his birthday dinner there recently and the food was A-MAZ-ING! Admittedly so was the bill but....

www.thecapitalgrille.com/locations/ny/new-york/nyc-time-life-building/8038

popmum Tue 08-May-18 21:56:04

Thanks all; any other suggestions?

MissConductUS Wed 09-May-18 00:33:57

I second the recommendation for the Capital Grille if the menu suits you. If you want high end French, with a vegetarian friendly menu and lots of seasonal foods, look no further than

www.le-bernardin.com/

It is a bit spendy. I think Union Square Cafe is a much better value and overall choice, but you will not soon forget eating at Le Bernardin.

Let me know if you want advice on suitable clothing, other things to do, etc.

ThunderPunt Wed 09-May-18 13:26:08

Bumping for you - because funnily enough I'm off to NYC with my mates soon and looking for somewhere nice to eat.
Any other suggestions?

bestbefore Wed 09-May-18 13:43:35

thanks @MissConductUS - just looked at union square and they don't have a table available...sad
Think some of the others on here are perhaps a bit pricey for us....will keep looking!

lolarocco Wed 09-May-18 13:46:44

Ok so this is not hear Times Square but handy on the Metro and well worth the trip. It's Beauty on Essex. The most amazing meal either of us have ever had. That was 4 years ago and we still talk about it. They also own a sister restaurant which is a bit more relaxed called Staunton Social. Google it and book it, I promise you will not be disappointed.

JW13 Wed 09-May-18 13:49:43

Beauty and Essex is so good. Definitely worth the taxi fare. I've always found around Times Square to be a bit touristy but maybe I haven't found the right places.

MissConductUS Wed 09-May-18 13:51:46

Thunderpunt, can you narrow it down a bit in terms of location, price range, cuisine, etc.?

popmum Wed 09-May-18 14:44:56

Hi - someone else has suggested Lavo or La Esquina - any idea if they are ok? Beauty and Essex is a long way from my hotel and after a day of sightseeing I think we want to eat near the hotel - which is off Broadway on W 52nd Street

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in