Talk

Advanced search

Maldives with child - Olhuveli?

(11 Posts)
AdriannaP Wed 02-May-18 11:08:18

We are planning to go the Maldives this year (we have been before).
Looking for a child friendly resort (kids pool, ideally kids club and/or babysitting) and good house reef (this is crucial as we love snorkelling).

Any recommendations? I have looked at Olhuveli which looks very nice and seems to have a good house reef.

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
AdriannaP Fri 04-May-18 11:00:00

Anyone?

Hersetta427 Fri 04-May-18 14:48:58

Lily beach ticks all the boxes.

Fintress Sat 05-May-18 06:30:38

I'll second Lily Beach. The children we saw there were very well looked after and seemed to do lots of activities. Fabulous adult infinity pool. Their first class all inclusive includes Taittinger champagne.

AdriannaP Wed 09-May-18 16:06:52

Thanks

Lily Beach looks great. torn between Lily Beach and Kuramathi.

Anyone been to Kuramathi?

desperatehousewife101 Wed 09-May-18 16:08:07

I went to Kuramathi last year , kids club looked good and a fair few kids were there too. Great food options , definitely go all inclusive.

SenorBork Wed 09-May-18 16:10:25

I went to Olhuveli a few years back - the reef was amazing, but the kids facilities were pretty minimal. In fact I don't even remember there being any kids there! I think other islands are better set up for children.

AdriannaP Wed 09-May-18 16:39:31

Thanks

desperatehousewife101 - we would book all inclusive as that makes more sense with a child. Did you do any snorkelling? how did you find the service?
the kids club on Kuramathi looks nice (even has its own fb page).

desperatehousewife101 Wed 09-May-18 17:08:11

Look at the kuramathi Instagram stories too for the kids club activities.
AI was delightful in every way. I am planning on going back for our big birthdays.

desperatehousewife101 Wed 09-May-18 17:08:35

Service exceptional , snorkelling great too. Saw 2 turtles.

donnaeastman Thu 10-May-18 03:47:49

I recommend also Lily Beach. It's beautiful and for sure your kids will have fun because there are a lot of activities for them.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in