Talk

Advanced search

Have you driven across France with kids?

(5 Posts)
SmiledWithTheRisingSun Wed 25-Apr-18 15:46:37

I am thinking of taking the euro tunnel across the channel then booking a few places to camp in along the way....
I find that if we stay in one place for 2 weeks the days all merge into one and moving about a bit helps it feel like we have had a longer holiday.
So - what are your top spots to visit in France?? Rivers / beaches / mountains etc?
And where were the coolest places to camp? (not looking for manic noisy eurocamp type places) :-)

BoogleMcGroogle Wed 25-Apr-18 16:48:46

Brittany and the Loire worked well for us. Also, up in the mountains ( ski chalets are good value in the summer) in the Memises near Evian and then a week on Lake Annecy. We don't tend to camp, but I know there are a few websites devoted to small, cool campsites, so that's worth a Google. Have fun, we've loved our epic French drives.

Ricekrispie22 Wed 25-Apr-18 19:32:59

For camping, definitely CosyCamp in the Loire valley. Are you taking your own tent etc?

FreeMantle Thu 26-Apr-18 21:18:22

Great idea. We went all the way to Italy in the end. Booked cheap booking.com hotels. Only took two half days. Saw loads of things you'd miss in a proper holiday and stayed in some lovely places.
We did tunnel midday and was in Belguim for dinner in a fantastic village Left at 9am and in Austria for lunch. Look round and drive to Germany arriving early evening.Night there. Sightseeing morning. Down through Italy and night in Florence. Super easy as roads are much quieter than the uk. Kids loved it.

Kahlua4me Sat 28-Apr-18 13:10:29

We drove down to Barcelona one year, coming home on the ferry from Spain. It was great, and all felt very relaxed.

We went through Loire valley and stayed a few nights at Chant D’Oiseau loiregites.com which is a fantastic place.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: