Talk

Advanced search

Holiday cottage or B&B Northumberland

(12 Posts)
flaggerblasted Tue 24-Apr-18 06:54:02

I'm looking for recommendations for a place to stay in Northumberland for a week. There's 5 of us, me plus 2 DCs and my parents (mid 70s, active). Perhaps a holiday cottage or a farm stay? Or small hotel or guest house? Not a hotel chain. Would like to do the Roman sites, Bamburgh, Lindisfarne, Alnwick - any others?

feelslikethewaltonshere Tue 24-Apr-18 17:15:11

@flaggerblasted. When do you want to go?

I'd recommend Akeld Manor and Country Club.

Surrounded by lush undulating hills and a vivid green landscape, Akeld Manor and Country Club is a perfect place to enjoy the natural beauty and fascinating history of England's Borders Country. Set beside the Northumberland National Park, between England and Scotland, this resort is a great base to explore nearby castles, Hadrian's Wall, and other historical treasures of the region. Enjoy quiet walks in the country or visit a pub. Swim in the resort's indoor pool, or relax in the sauna. Fishing is very good here, too!

www.facebook.com/bestfamilyholidays/

Rainatnight Tue 24-Apr-18 17:20:43

The Bakehouse B and B in Seahouses is absolutely lovely. Access to the most stunning beaches and lots of great places nearby.

feelslikethewaltonshere Tue 24-Apr-18 17:32:31

Let me know if you would like to book as I have them cheaper than online. xxx

honeysucklejasmine Tue 24-Apr-18 18:07:14

I've stayed at Breamish Valley Cottages bear Brandon. It was DM, DD and DH, so fine for multi generation holidays. There was a games room on site, and a small pool. Plenty of walks from the cottages and also well connected for visiting the local sights.

flaggerblasted Tue 24-Apr-18 19:40:53

I was thinking October half term. Thanks everybody for your suggestions, really helpful. Let me know if any others ... smile

feelslikethewaltonshere Tue 24-Apr-18 20:15:44

@flaggerblasted. I'll have a look for you in the morning and see what the best price is for half term. I'll just have a quick look at individual hotels/guest houses for you. xx

feelslikethewaltonshere Tue 24-Apr-18 20:29:29

@flaggerblasted. Look at Paradise Lodge Alnwick. I have that too.
I also have loads of holiday cottages in Seahouses....from £500 to £1000 for half term. Hope that all helps. 😀☺️😍🍾🎉🎈

Bellie99 Tue 24-Apr-18 21:06:48

https://www.villagefarmcottages.co.uk/index.cfm

Various options. Lovely swimming pool/gym on site and spa. Horse riding around the corner. Fabulous curry house in village and local shop. Good access to most places.

hereandnowtoday Tue 24-Apr-18 21:14:26

Look up Beaconhill Farm - lovely self catering cottages near Morpeth. Has loads for kids, swimming pool, spa etc. Great for all ages.

Lones80 Tue 24-Apr-18 21:20:19

Try Coastal Retreats www.coastalretreats.co.uk - they have loads of great properties around Northumberland. Our favourite is Bamburgh Six which sleeps five and has a fab view of Bamburgh Castle.

helski Mon 30-Apr-18 11:55:06

@feelslikethewaltons - I'd be really interested to know more about your cottages - we are looking for somewhere for a 3 day break in/or around Seahouses at May half term.

Many thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: