Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a holiday for May half term!

(12 Posts)
Misty9 Tue 17-Apr-18 23:25:13

I am going round in circles with this one so am hoping some kind mnetter will help me out! I am desperately seeking warmth and sunshine in the May/June half term (26/5-2/6) but flights are ridiculously expensive to places like Majorca and Spain so I started looking at France, but to go far enough south for sun it’s a lot of travelling (from Calais) for a week.

Two adults and two dc under 7. Pool not essential but beach is a must have nearby, preferably walking distance. Happy to stay on a holiday park (no availability for Euro camp in Brittany when I looked). Playground and entertainment for kids is a plus. Budget is around £2k for travel and accommodation.

Does this exist?!

OP’s posts: |
verliec Wed 18-Apr-18 09:36:53

Have you tried Holiday Hypermarket ? You can search loads of different places and airports on there and it gives you deals from all the big tour operators. They have deals to Canaries within your budget.Though if you can fly on the Sunday then much cheaper !

Kirta Wed 18-Apr-18 09:43:13

Try teletext holidays online. Always find that a good website to filter and sort by price!

EveryDayIsLikeMonday Wed 18-Apr-18 10:30:45

Would you consider taking the kids out of school for a day or 2? If you go Monday-Monday, it makes a massive difference to the price (under £1500 for the 4 of you!) I looked on Thomas Cook btw.

Branleuse Wed 18-Apr-18 10:37:32

Malta. Would be excellent weather at the end of may and can be really budget friendly in some areas

Hersetta427 Wed 18-Apr-18 12:19:38

How about Tunisia- flights start again in May and you can get a great bargain for half term. Would recommend hotel manar - it's beautiful.

FreeMantle Thu 19-Apr-18 21:28:27

I put your search requirements into Tui and found 1752 holidays starting at £229 per person!

Misty9 Thu 19-Apr-18 23:28:11

Are you sure it didn't have the days flexibility box ticked FreeMantle ? smile

Anyway, dh has vetoed abroad "just for the sake of it" so I'm trying to think of creative ways to have a break from the house etc as most decent UK places are already booked! Could do a theme park stay but dc don't like rides so possibly not worth it.

On the positive side, dh now sees the reality of the school holidays premium (absolutely no way he'd condone them missing any) and thinks we should book a holiday for next May half term!

Kirta Fri 20-Apr-18 06:27:24

We book a lot of holidays using sky scanner and booking.com.

If you are flexible where you go, Skyscanner brings up every flight leaving from your preferred destination. Then booking.com or airbnb has some great offers. And with booking.com you often don't have to pay until you arrive.

We did (2 Adults and 1 8yo) a fortnight holiday to Sardinia in August for about £1500 by booking separately.

Worth looking at for next May! Hope you find something exciting for this holiday! smile

BarbaraofSevillle Fri 20-Apr-18 09:07:23

Have a look on Jet2holidays.

You can put your requirements for departure airports, dates, party size in and let it show you all holidays available to any destination. You can then sort by price and just look at everything that is available in Spain, Greece, Malta, Cyprus etc to see if there is anything suitable for a bearable price.

Misty9 Tue 24-Apr-18 22:04:36

I put my foot down with dh and we’re off to Croatia with jet2 grin

MeetPrinceHobnob Tue 24-Apr-18 22:06:19

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in