Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris May 2019 - help please!

(52 Posts)
imabeautifulfennelcalledjoan Mon 09-Apr-18 22:44:35

Any DLP experts on here? I need you!

I've never booked a holiday more than a year in advance but I'm trying to be organised. We're planning a trip to DLP during May half term 2019 - four nights in DLP followed by a couple of nights in Paris as DD (who will be seven by then) is desperate to see the Eiffel Tower.

Anyway, I've had a look and it seems that the special Early Booking Advantage deals (one or two nights free) for booking Disneyland hotels run out on 11 April - ie in two days time!

We definitely want to stay in the park so we can nip back to the hotel for naps etc as smallest DC will only be three when we go.

We can't stretch to the Disneyland Hotel unfortunately. We were hoping for the New York hotel but it's unavailable for our dates. Sequoia would have been a goer except for the fact that the pool will be closed for refurbishment when we go. So Newport Bay looks to be our best bet.

So...first of all, do you think it's essential that we book the hotel before this Weds when the Early Booking Advantage deals run out? Or will more deals spring up, giving us more time to make an informed decision? I feel quite nervous booking something so early, especially when we can't actually book our Eurostar yet as it's so far in advance.

Secondly, which of the more affordable Disneyland Hotels do people recommend?

Any tips would be gratefully received! I will do loads of research before we go but pointers from Disney experts would be so helpful.

TIA.

OP’s posts: |
KateMcCallisterHAmom Mon 09-Apr-18 22:45:50

Are you on Fb?

www.facebook.com/groups/1058443007559925/

yummyeclair Mon 09-Apr-18 22:54:18

We stayed in a disney lodge 10 mins drive away with swimming pool etc which was fine for bed n breakfast and dinner as we were out all day and so much cheaper. Trying to remember name of it!

imabeautifulfennelcalledjoan Mon 09-Apr-18 23:05:56

Thanks KateMcCallisterHAmom - yes, I am, so I will take a look at that group, thanks!

yummyeclair - was it Davy Crockett's Ranch? I looked at that but we're definitely getting the Eurostar and I think that you can only do self drive if you're staying there.

KateMcCallisterHAmom Mon 09-Apr-18 23:24:39

No worries. There are a few other groups too.

yum, was it www.disneylandparis.fr/hotels/disneys-davy-crockett-ranch/?CMP=OKC-dlp_lodging_gmap_464? We stayed there too. Loved it. Doing Santa Fe this time as we aren't driving.

TittyGolightly Mon 09-Apr-18 23:33:47

I’d wait for the 25% off and free meal plan offer to come around. It’s in now for this May half term, so you don’t need to book right now.

OldHag1 Mon 09-Apr-18 23:56:22

We have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, Newport Bay and Cheyenne. The one we loved and went back to numerous times was the Cheyenne.

ArnoldBee Tue 10-Apr-18 00:01:58

First of all there is always a deal and check out the offers for the other countries. If you're staying for 4 days do you really need a pool as you will be fitting in a lot of walking round the parks. Each hotel has its perks so what's important to you?

imabeautifulfennelcalledjoan Tue 10-Apr-18 00:21:34

Good point, ArnoldBee. I think we probably would use a pool. Would be good to have the option anyway.

I'm thinking that when we do our two nights in Paris, we'll get an apartment so we can cook in the evening if needed. So I'm happy to spend a bit more on a hotel for the Disney part of the trip. Main thing is to be as close to the action as possible when we're there.

OldHag1, what was it that you preferred about Cheyenne?

And TittyGoLightly, that's good to know about the 25% off deals - I'll hold out for them!

OldHag1 Tue 10-Apr-18 09:42:27

I didn’t like the smell of the Disneyland Hotel weird but there it is. Newport Bay was lovely I think the issue was the cold weather in January, even the indoor pool was freezing - we won a competition on the radio so didn’t get to choose when we went. I would probably go back there. The Cheyenne was really relaxed, they had an outdoor area for the kids to play including teepees. Horse riding, character visits and we could walk along the canal to and from the park. Probably the same for many of the hotels. We have always had a lovely experience.

I always recommend this guide book.....

www.amazon.co.uk/Guide-Brilliant-Disneyland-Paris-Guides/dp/0572046995/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?keywords=Brit+Guide+to+Disneyland+Paris+2017%2F18&tag=mumsnetforum-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1523349704&sr=8-2-fkmr0

It tells you of the best places to sit whilst watching a show and other useful info.

TwigTheWonderKid Tue 10-Apr-18 10:01:30

If it's any consolation, I thought the New York Hotel was very disappointing. On reflection, we should have just totally blown the budget and booked the Disneyland Hotel which was utterly fabulous or, if not, one of the even cheaper ones as I can't imagine they could have been worse that the New York.

TittyGolightly Tue 10-Apr-18 10:14:00

We’ve enjoyed Santa Fe many times but absolutely love Davy Crockett.

imabeautifulfennelcalledjoan Tue 10-Apr-18 12:50:35

Thank you for all these tips. Now I know we've got longer to book, we can have a proper look at all the hotels.

Has anyone done a combined DLP/ Paris sightseeing trip? I know the park is only about 40 mins by train from Paris but I think we're better moving to a hotel in central Paris for the last 2 days of the trip.

The only issue is that we'd then have to return to DLP station to get our return Eurostar train.

imabeautifulfennelcalledjoan Tue 10-Apr-18 12:58:32

My other idea was staying at the Adagio apartments, to save money. Has anyone stayed there? It's not walkable is it? Just thinking that could be a good base for both DLP and Paris itself.

TwigTheWonderKid Wed 11-Apr-18 14:44:03

imabeautifulfennelcalledjoan we did it the other way round so did Eurostar to Paris, stayed in a fab central hotel for 2 nights and then got the local train to Disneyland on the third day. We hadn't told our DSs about this bit of our trip, they just thought we were going to Paris, and when we got out of the station at Disney DS1 thought we were just getting off the train to look at the outside of it! It took him ages to twig what was going on and his face was a picture when he realised grin

ANyway, my point was supposed to be that we got a Eurostar to Paris but got Eurostar back direct from DLP.

imabeautifulfennelcalledjoan Wed 11-Apr-18 15:28:57

That is SUCH a brilliant idea, Twig! I'm wondering if it's actually the best way for us to do it too.

So did you buy your Eurostar as single journeys rather than returns?

NormHonal Wed 11-Apr-18 15:32:06

@OldHag1 IIRC the Disneyland Hotel uses a special air freshener and they even sell it in the gift shop.

It’s minging. Like they bottled the smell of chintz mixed with cinnamon. It’s the only thing about the hotel I really hated.

OldHag1 Wed 11-Apr-18 16:26:57

Lol NormHonal it is a musty smell made me feel a bit sick but I couldn’t complain too much as STBE booked it for my 40th birthday. I can still still imagine the smell.

imabeautifulfennelcalledjoan Wed 11-Apr-18 20:39:23

Will definitely have to go in to the Disneyland Hotel for a sniff now!

Twig, would you mind me asking where you stayed in central Paris?

chickywoo Wed 11-Apr-18 20:45:18

We loved Davy Crockett ranch too, makes it a much cheaper way to do it - as you can take all supplies from home so can don’t need to spend much when you get there, ferry from Dover to Calais is really cheap also you can drive into Paris to see the sights.

chickywoo Wed 11-Apr-18 20:48:05

Sorry just realised your not driving

TittyGolightly Wed 11-Apr-18 21:00:05

We went to the DLH for cocktails. Very underwhelming.

OldHag1 Wed 11-Apr-18 21:13:15

DLH was great for character meets. They danced on the stairs when we were there it was fantastic. Lots of the characters it was like a mini parade lol. They probably don’t do it anymore - there were leaflets by the conceirge desk advising of times.

TwigTheWonderKid Wed 11-Apr-18 23:16:29

Yes we booked as 2 single journeys imabeautifulfennelcalledjoan and in Paris we stayed at this hotel just off th Champs Elysees. Though looking at their website it's been done up and looks a bit posher than when we stayed there.

imabeautifulfennelcalledjoan Wed 11-Apr-18 23:43:13

Ooh, thanks for the link, Twig. What a lovely hotel! A bit too lovely for my destructive toddler, I fear....

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in