Talk

Advanced search

Travelling abroad with Pre made aptamil milk

(10 Posts)
Steph00123 Wed 04-Apr-18 13:26:54

Hi. I've been told by aptamil not to pack their pre made 200ml or litre bottles in the hold luggage. Ryan air have told me I'm only allowed to take enough pre made milk for the flight so cannot order 4 days worth of bottles from boots after security as they will be took off me. I plan on packing formula powder but as back up. Has anyone else had this problem?

OP’s posts: |
Magpie1976 Wed 11-Apr-18 19:10:59

Why have Ryan air and aptamil told you this? Was planning on doing just this!

Steph00123 Wed 11-Apr-18 21:39:51

Aptamil advised not too because of the temperature. Ryanair gave me no reason whatsoever just told me it was there procedure when I tried to argue it and that it should be packed in the hold.

Magpie1976 Thu 12-Apr-18 22:20:42

Ah that is tricky. I was planning on buying a weeks worth of ready made for the hold. Would never have occurred to me that I couldn't. Surely loads of people have done this......? I don't know what you can do other than take powder in the hold and make up bottles abroad. I know that's more faff but could you do that?

selly24 Fri 13-Apr-18 17:34:47

Surely Ryan air meant only enough for the flight in terms of going through security. You could buy it from the boots AFTER security??....

Steph00123 Fri 13-Apr-18 20:40:48

I originally thought that and questioned it but nope only enough for the flight regardless if you order after security. I was told it would be took off me but I travel alot and have never had my.carry on bag checked after security.

mrsmonkey14 Fri 13-Apr-18 20:43:29

I once took about 60 little bottles of ready made Aptamil to Barbados. All totally fine (except heavy!).

TheresALight Fri 13-Apr-18 20:52:59

I normally take 2 or 3 200ml bottles on the flight (2 for flying and one for the transfer to the hotel) and have never been questioned on the amount. I also pack another 6 or so bottles into the hold for emergencies on the holiday and to use on the way home. Have never had a problem with the milk that's been in the hold, no upset stomachs or anything. If you pack them into the middle of the suitcase they surely won't get that cold?
I can't see how Ryanair would prevent you from taking bottles from duty free onto the plane? Most of the duty free purchases must surely be liquid- soft drinks for the plane and cheaper alcohol. How would they even know what's in your hand luggage or duty free bags? They don't usually check them again once you've got into duty free

FrozenMargarita17 Fri 13-Apr-18 20:55:02

I've flown (not with Ryanair) with all of dds milk for the entire trip in hand luggage - the longest was a week in Morocco. We took some ready made and also a full box of powder too. Not a word was said.

RebelRogue Fri 13-Apr-18 20:55:47

Which country are you going to? Can you check if they sell the premade formula over there?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in