Talk

Advanced search

Advice on finding hospitals with maternity ward in France

(6 Posts)
Antonia79 Tue 20-Mar-18 09:44:01

Hello,

We booked a family holiday last year for this August. I’m now pregnant and when we go away on holiday (if everything is okay obviously), I’ll be 30 weeks.

We’re staying in a small town called Roquevaire, about 20km from Marseille in France, for two weeks.

Could someone tell me how do I find out what hospitals are close by that have a maternity ward please?

I don’t plan on giving birth in France but just in case anything does happen, I want to know before I go what hospital we would need to go to. We are renting a car when we’re there so no need to depend on public transport.

Any help is appreciated smile

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
LeMesmer Tue 20-Mar-18 22:04:24

Here is a list for Marseille OP
www.bebepassion.com/maternite/maternites-ville-Marseille.htm.

And a list for ones close to the town you are staying in
www.allo-maternite.org/13360-Roquevaire.html

If you dont speak French you should also google English speaking gynecologists in the area, just in case. Also, if you can, take something with you showing your medical history of the pregnancy, and it is very useful to know your blood group.

Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Antonia79 Tue 20-Mar-18 22:57:08

That’s fantastic, thank you very much for the links, @LesMesmer! I see there is one in the next town in Aubagne, which is only 7km away from where we’re staying smile

Thank you again, It is very much appreciated!

OP’s posts: |
LeMesmer Tue 20-Mar-18 23:11:49

Happy to help Antonia, hope you have a good holiday.

Flamelily123 Wed 28-Mar-18 20:52:49

Wow, you are brave to be going on holiday so close to your due date in a foreign country! Good luck!

Flamelily123 Wed 28-Mar-18 21:18:25

Oh geeze...somehow I thought you said you would be 36 weeks. blush

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in