Talk

Advanced search

Holiday help -budget £1000

(6 Posts)
Petalflowers Sat 17-Mar-18 07:27:29

Hi, really stumped what to do for our family holiday this year. We usually self drive to Europe or Cornwall. We have two teens and plan to travel in early July (after GCSE and a-levels).

Had considered Centre Parcs in Europe, but recent negative Trip advisor reviews on the couple I looked at were a quite negative (tatty, activities not available etc). We’ve been to Duinrell in Holland.

Can anyone recommend somewhere within easy driving of Calais ( five hours driving), or flying?

No. We don’t do camping, although may consider glamping.

OP’s posts: |
Ricekrispie22 Sat 17-Mar-18 10:45:24

My family likes both of these parks and they're within 3 hours of Calais.
www.landal.com/parks/village-leau-dheure This is a very pretty park set around a lake with a beach. It's rather water-sport orientated but there are quite a few other activities too.

www.landal.com/parks/het-vennenbos This park has more to do and is a lot bigger. I can't fault it, but it's very popular!

Petalflowers Sat 17-Mar-18 21:03:11

Thank you for these suggestions. The Landal parks,look quite interesting,

OP’s posts: |
TheyBuiltThePyramids Sat 17-Mar-18 21:12:08

There is CP with a snow zone /ski place that dd really liked - De Kempervennen I think?? We had a nice week there. Like Duinrell, but you've done that. Domaine Des Ormes in Brittany comes highly recommended by a few friends that have been.https://www.lesormes.com/en/holidays-and-stays/accommodation Loads going on. £1000 might be challenging for school holidays though.

TheyBuiltThePyramids Sat 17-Mar-18 21:13:40

Have been to Het Vennenbos too. Nice site. Not much nearby though.

Teenmum60 Mon 19-Mar-18 14:45:33

Have you thought about doing a PGL family holiday to Ardeche ?
www.pgl.co.uk/en-gb/family-adventures/centres/lou-valagran

They tend to have offers on where adults go 1/2 price or kids go free...from experience the offers tend to get better the closer to the holidays but not sure whether holidays start in early July.

Flights were pretty cheap to Verona - during early July and you may get an early bargain for the Lakes campsites (Garda being great for teens because of all the theme parks).

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in