Talk

Advanced search

Get an exclusive 5% off your next Mark Warner holiday - call 0333 305 9795 and quote Mumsnet

Anyone a travel agent? i'd appreciate your perspective

(4 Posts)
meladeso Tue 13-Mar-18 22:20:42

We used one (only once!) a few years back. The trip he got us cost us overall less than we could find the component parts ourselves. So that was great. And nice having it "managed" from one point, so we didn't have to think, were met with transfers, etc, etc.

I've just asked him again for help with another (simpler) trip. Great options have come through, that have found things we hadn't ourselves.

But i've shopped around on the ones i like and i THINK i could book it direct for 2-300 pounds less. which is a lot! about 10%.

so WWYD?
do i level with him (he's lovely) and see if he can match it / tell me what i'm not seeing?
do i book it myself and say nothing?
do i book it through him and pay more for the benefits i hope that brings?
do something else i haven't thought of?

advice appreciated - i don't want to disregard his effort and the value he may add, but i also don't want to pay unecessarily.

TIA.

mummymeister Wed 14-Mar-18 08:00:01

he is in business - be honest. you cant use his services unless he either saves you money on doing it yourself or has some sort of added value involved. don't be embarrassed. he would sooner hear from you as to what the issue is than you simply disappear as a customer. we run our own business and we get the best and most useful feedback from people who don't use our business not just those that do.

dontcallmethatyoucunt Wed 14-Mar-18 16:01:55

I agree, tell him. One point that he should bring to the party is ATOL protection. You book independently and something goes wrong with one element, good luck. Insurance doesn't cover certain things.

meladeso Wed 14-Mar-18 19:03:22

thanks guys, ok i'll do that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: