Talk

Advanced search

Corfu accommodation

(6 Posts)
noneshallsleep2 Thu 08-Mar-18 09:52:28

Yes, we did. If you're in a villa, unless you're very central in one of the villages it will make it much easier in terms of shopping, visiting other beaches etc.

Noisygirls Thu 08-Mar-18 09:08:13

Fabulous, thank you all. Will have a look. Ps did you hire a car and was this essential to get around?

OP’s posts: |
Minniemountain Thu 08-Mar-18 06:05:36

Also jealous. We stayed between Kassiopi and Avlaki last year. The whole area is stunning.
Our villa was through Agni Travel. The Villa Plus places we saw dotted around looked good too.

noneshallsleep2 Wed 07-Mar-18 17:53:08

We have stayed in a villa near San Stephanos for the last few years and absolutely love it there. (NB this is the San Stephanos near Kassiopi, in the north east - there is another San Stephanos in Corfu!) Lovely village with a handful of lovely tavernas on the sea front. Kassiopi is a bigger town (which has its advantages and disadvantages). We stayed in Kalami just down the coast one year, but preferred San Stephanos.

Villaplus has a good range of villas in the area, which aren't quite as pricy as places like Simpsons Travel (but not cheap).

Am very jealous - DH wants a change this year so we're going to Italy. I am insisting on booking San Stephanos next summer!

LexieLulu Wed 07-Mar-18 17:40:43

We stayed in hotel louis corcyra beach last year. The grounds were beautiful, food was lovely and hotel staff were nice.

Only downside was that our room was quite small. But you can upgrade to bungalows

Noisygirls Wed 07-Mar-18 14:52:41

Hello

Any accommodation recommendations for Corfu, preferably the north east corner which I believe (tell me if I'm wrong) has calmer beaches for toddlers to swim and is generally nearer where they film the durrells (which is a big love in our house). Definitely want to enjoy the local culture and food so we'd like to do self catering ideally with a nice pool for then kids, but this is a special holiday (big birthday) so I really want to stay somewhere really nice, with proper bedrooms for kids rather than sofa beds etc. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in