Talk

Advanced search

ESTA application - family application

(8 Posts)
longhaulLaura Wed 28-Feb-18 19:05:12

Can someone help me please?! I am applying for a trip in 1 month's time for myself, partner and two kids. I thought I would be able to do one application for the whole family but I started doing it and it was clear that I was only doing it for me. Is there a way to apply as a family or do I have to do a completely separate application for each family member?

I see there is a Group Application option in the drop down for up to 50 people but wasn't sure whether this was the appropriate one to do for a family of four.

Also, there is a question about your parents names. Mine are both dead but I know that is by-the-by. When it asks for your Mother's name do you put their married name or their maiden name?

Stupid questions I know but I would love to get this out of the way tonight. Thanks in advance smile

OP’s posts: |
NetballHoop Wed 28-Feb-18 19:10:40

Sorry but you need to do one application for each of you. Ignore the group thing.
Put your mother's married name.

longhaulLaura Wed 28-Feb-18 19:24:22

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
mummymeister Thu 01-Mar-18 09:50:09

make certain that you are on the official esta site as there are some that look very similar but charge you a premium. also be really honest in your answers. assume no one has any previous charges for anything in their youth? if so it can cause problems as they don't have spent convictions in the usa and you have to declare everything. hope you get it sorted in time.

HRTpatch Thu 01-Mar-18 09:52:01

I've just done one for myself and partner and did it as a group.

Onedaynamechange Thu 01-Mar-18 09:52:11

I did it last week, you do have to do each individually but then you can create a group and add them all to it. Think this is just to keep track of the application status.

Horopu Thu 01-Mar-18 09:54:02

I did the group one for my family in December, for 3 of us. Although NetballHoop may well know more than me.

user1486076969 Thu 01-Mar-18 16:22:39

I've just done a group one for 3 of us, you have to set up the group first than add everyone.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in