Talk

Advanced search

Where is the best afternoon tea?

(13 Posts)
measureformeasure Wed 28-Feb-18 18:53:00

I need to harness the power of Mumsnet to try to find the best afternoon tea in the South of England.

I have a friend who now lives abroad and wants to have afternoon tea when she returns to the UK in a couple of months. She has fond recollections of a tea we had at a hotel in Stratford upon Avon years ago. It had separate sandwich, scones, cake courses and followed it up with an amazing chocolate fondue. The place has now stopped doing it so I’d love to find something similar. Can anyone recommend somewhere?

TIA

OP’s posts: |
MongerTruffle Wed 28-Feb-18 18:56:27

The Ritz if you want to pay £57 shock

practicallyperfectmummy Wed 28-Feb-18 19:05:00

Wonderful place in Devon that does a traditional one with sandwiches, scones, cake and cinnamon toast and cup of tea for only £10 it's bloody lovely 😋

FusionChefGeoff Wed 28-Feb-18 19:06:49

Fortnum and Mason.

I am lucky enough to spend a lot of time in fancy hotels and eating good food with my job - but the Afternoon Tea at F&M blew my socks off

The tea menu was a thing of beauty and I'm now a real tea snob as a result!

LoniceraJaponica Wed 28-Feb-18 19:08:50

Betty's - York, Harrogate or Ilkley.

samlovesdilys Sat 03-Mar-18 18:41:15

Royal crescent hotel in Bath does a lovely tea (pricey though!!)

IamanOwl Wed 07-Mar-18 15:23:14

Alice and the Hatter in Herne Bay, Kent. We had a very filling and very lovely afternoon tea there.

00alwaysbusymum Sat 24-Mar-18 20:44:55

Castle Combe is amazing in the big hotel there. And castle Combe is very quaint perfect for people visiting uk

Cantthinkofanoriginalname1 Sat 24-Mar-18 20:53:22

Where practicallyperfectmummy?

squarecorners Tue 01-May-18 21:48:04

national trust tea rooms

DoraJar Tue 01-May-18 22:49:27

Browns, Mayfair

Jux Tue 22-May-18 19:47:18

The Deer Park Hotel near Honiton, Devon. Believe me, we know how to do cream teas properly over here!

DD and her mates will be spending the day on Saturday peddle-paddling on the Exe, and then they'll rock up for cream tea in Honiton.

ElizabethinherGermanGarden Tue 22-May-18 19:48:22

The Savoy is my favourite - significantly nicer than the Ritz.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in